Gold
Sep 27, 2006
great advertising campaign for sobieski vodka:

346p0nd.jpg

2yngk1v.jpg

1hxity.jpg

x29x5k.jpg

Aug 6, 2006
Vodka is almost entirely ethyl alcohol and water, so what is the big deal with super pricey vodka? What does it have that lesser brands do not?

I admit that I one had some Popov vodka, It was horrible, ghastly, foul. I was unable to identify what the nasty taste was, but it had plenty of it. Blechhh!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Vodka is almost entirely ethyl alcohol and water, so what is the big deal with super pricey vodka? What does it have that lesser brands do not?

I admit that I one had some Popov vodka, It was horrible, ghastly, foul. I was unable to identify what the nasty taste was, but it had plenty of it. Blechhh!

the pricey stuff has less impurities. those are the things that make it cause you to say blechhh.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The good stuff means, IMO, less headaches the next day.

On a side note, female headaches will cum (lol) regardless of brand.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

When I drink Vodka I drink it on the rocks with maybe a squeeze of lemon or lime and I can tell you without a mixer the cheaper Vodkas are very harsh. I only drink Chopin, Greygoose or Kettle One. Van Gough is also fine. I know that there are some newer brands that I am probably not familiar with.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I went all french and Swedes for Vodka.

Ciroc and Absolut.

Ciroc peach and pineapple was pretty good straight up, My wife said small qty on the rock is best with her.

Currently, I am into Absolut mongo with Rica OJ in small packaging not the larger ones. Smaller package has that sweeter, fake Tang orange powder drink like tastes that I like in my screwdriver.

Everyone is correct. Somehow I gest less hangover with vodka mentioned above. I will look into.

Aug 6, 2006
Some of these brands have too many consonants to market successfully abroad, in my opinion.
Many people do not like to eat or drink stuff they cannot pronounce.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
This is not about the vodka or it's qualities but about an absolutely brilliant marketing campaign.

I just love it!

It's perfectly un-PC and we need more like it.

And done in English always DV? or is that just for our benefit?