Dannys Is Now Batu !

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Seems to happen every few years. New owners, new decor, new this and that. Some inside renovations include remodeled bar, added TV's, new side door leading to bakery, new inside stairway leading to second floor Pizzeria replacing the Wine Bar. Some new renovations and additions coming for the third floor. LOTS more outside tables. Menu looks close to the old one. New wait staff inexperienced so patience is a must lol. The outside area was remolded for a place for bands, musicians etc. The kitchen was moved in doors. The Grand Opening was very successful last night. Time will tell if Batu will be. But overall I loved the experience and wish the new owners all the best!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Wish I could say the same. It's still advertising itself a sports bar and only has 3 TVs (up from the 1 functional as Danny's, but still). That same ****ty pool table is still in the main 1st floor room, too.

Hopefully opening during low-season will give the staff plenty of time to learn the menu and smooth out the kinks in the process.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What ever happened to the guy opening the Indian Restaurant in Punta Cana???????

Disappeared like all the rest??????
Never to post again!!!!!

We TOLD YOU SO!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Who's endorsing? I hate Indian food. The spice pallet isn't my cup of tea.

Waitaminute... is CC using upper and lower case letters?!!!?!? Is the CapsLock key fixed finally?!?!?!!?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What ever happened to the guy opening the Indian Restaurant in Punta Cana???????

Never to post again!!!!!

We TOLD YOU SO!!!!

He's been busy with the restaurant. He has opened it; but I forget where it is.

Great endorsement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Who's endorsing? I hate Indian food. The spice pallet isn't my cup of tea.

Waitaminute... is CC using upper and lower case letters?!!!?!? Is the CapsLock key fixed finally?!?!?!!?

Let's keep this thread to Dannys/Batu please.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Fresh in from BATU formally Danny's. Second night on the island since last visit in March. Haven't been on DR1 a lot lately, and contributing even less... but here you go! The same AWESOME BURGERS Danny's used to serve up. I don't care if they have TV's pool tables, or indoor cock fights... give me a damn burger that oozes delicious flavor and drips down my chin and I'm a happy fellow. RIGHT NOW I'M A HAPPY FELLOW. Add TWO cheap Cuba Libres 150 DR, accompanying the big pile of what HAS to be American ground beef along with lettuce, tomato and onion on a soft roll, along with a big pile of fries, and an identical one for The Admiral to be washed down with her (virgin) coke... all UNDER $30 US including ITBIS AND TAX... (itemized separately), and I challenge any one to do better in their favorite neighborhood eatery, or local diner. This is in the MIDDLE of a TOURIST AREA... palm trees rustling in the tropical breeze. Doesn't get any better... except for the fact it's 400 meters from my front door. 'NUFF SAID.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
OK... the burgers are WAY better than the damn wifi at my condo complex... so we lost the P.S. to the previous message... in essence it was a compliment to the LOVELY waitress who ignored my slaughtering of her native Spanish and endured my well meant but inadequate Spanglish to engage in a friendly conversation about the changeover of the establishment... Good food, good drink, and friendly (EFFICIENT) service.... it's a TWO THUMBS UP kinda' place.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
OK... the burgers are WAY better than the damn wifi at my condo complex... so we lost the P.S. to the previous message. In essence it was a compliment to the LOVELY waitress who made the best of my slaughtering of her native Spanish and endured my well meaning but inadequate SPANGLISH to engage in a friendly conversation about the changeover of the establishment... Good food, good drink, and friendly (AND EFFICIENT) service.... it's a TWO THUMBS UP kinda' place.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I was there last month and they were still renovating. Looking forward to checking it out.
Its about 15 meters from my door :cheeky:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
"Location,Location,Location"????????????????????????????
Might Help!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I agree!
A lot of times people start a thread here without telling where it is, they probably think Sosua is the only place to be in the DR. (which actually is the opposite...imo)
In this case we are talking about Bavaro (Los Corales to be precise).

Krishna Duddukuri

Feb 6, 2015

Never to post again!!!!!

We TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Hi Chris,
Spoke to soon... Am still here and in perfect condition. My indian restaurant is in Plaza El Dorado right behind Batu aka danny's. Opened End of may and i had to close the first three weeks of july three weeks for my wedding. Didn't announce anything yet as i haven't officially opened the restaurant. Opening around the end of august but from this weekend, it's open for service.
Regards

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What day will be designated as "DR1ers" Eat FREE" day???????????????????????
At least on our birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
LOCATION IS KEY... you're so right, CC. As Peter said... Bavaro / Los Corales / El Cortecito .... kind of the "heart" of town here... if you can call it a town. In Plaza El Dorado, where the road coming up from south / Punta Cana Village / the Airport, etc. makes the bend. OR.... get out your GPS, and navigate to: 18.683940, -68.417734 (google maps).

As for the renovations... I did see from a distance the lights on up on the the third level and some people up there ... bar? tables? not sure... but honestly didn't personally get past my table on the ground floor patio.... BUT.. the Admiral gave a glowing review of the ladies room.... so I suppose the Men's room is likely well done too.