Cataract surgery at HOMS Santiago

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
My husband had successful cataract surgery in March with Dr Sebastian Guzman.
Cl?nica Corominas
Calle Restauraci?n No.57
Santiago
809-971-2020
809-583-2649

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I used Dr Sebastian Guzman to fix a partially detached retina. He is young, personable, trains other local doctors in eye surgery and has all of the "toys" right there in his office. As pointed out, his office is in Clinica Corominas.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Had both eyes done a year ago,- DR. Ramirez,- HOMS. My neighbour used same doctor for both eyes,- last month. We are both very satisfied.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
is this the dr. who trained in boston???

I think Dr. Sebastian Guzman said he was in Providence, RI (which most Dominicans would refer to as Boston or even Nueva York). He was definitely trained in the US and spoke perfect English. Looks like he followed in his father's foot steps as well.

I found this post in the Internet, take it for what it is worth:

SomeGuy4186:
i paid 700 dollars. total(350 dollars each eyes)

doctors name is Sebastian Guzman in La Coromina. he has an office alone with Pedro Guzman, his father. he also has a private clinic called Caribbean Laser Eye Center right next to where Bui Pub Used to be. he did all my pre check ups/post ops in la coromina, and all my exams/surgery in the clinic. he was very professional and made sure to do all the right tests(i study optometry so i have a pretty good idea of what he was supposed to do). He used to work in the eye ear nose and throat center in Manhattan

i had one of my friends go down to get his surgery done, and after testing, Sebastian told him no, because his corneas were too thin. any other dominican doctor could have made a quick buck, but he said he wasnt going to **** up his eyesight and not to trust other doctors if they did tell him it was ok to do it. even handed him all the results and highlighted the areas so my friend wouldn't get any ideas.

my right eye ended up 20/20, and my left 20/40. and he touched up my left eye a year later for free.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Limbs I'd do here. Eyes, I'd go home. Wherever that is.

My mother-in-law didn't trust anyone in DR either, she went to NY for her cataract surgery. I believe you can have problems anywhere though, my first cataract surgery was in my late 40s, at the best place around the Philadelphia/SJ area, and I had to return for laser treatment on left eye. Here I am 3-4 years later and now I need laser in the right eye in a couple of weeks to clear cloudiness on lens. I doubt I'd let anyone near my eye with an laser in DR, but I'm just a big baby when it comes to eyes.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Agree with Meemselle. What are you going to do if he makes a little mistake in the DR. Im going home to the land of liability with something as important as my sight.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I think Dr. Sebastian Guzman said he was in Providence, RI (which most Dominicans would refer to as Boston or even Nueva York). He was definitely trained in the US and spoke perfect English. Looks like he followed in his father's foot steps as well.

I found this post in the Internet, take it for what it is worth:

SomeGuy4186:
i paid 700 dollars. total(350 dollars each eyes)

doctors name is Sebastian Guzman in La Coromina. he has an office alone with Pedro Guzman, his father. he also has a private clinic called Caribbean Laser Eye Center right next to where Bui Pub Used to be. he did all my pre check ups/post ops in la coromina, and all my exams/surgery in the clinic. he was very professional and made sure to do all the right tests(i study optometry so i have a pretty good idea of what he was supposed to do). He used to work in the eye ear nose and throat center in Manhattan

i had one of my friends go down to get his surgery done, and after testing, Sebastian told him no, because his corneas were too thin. any other dominican doctor could have made a quick buck, but he said he wasnt going to **** up his eyesight and not to trust other doctors if they did tell him it was ok to do it. even handed him all the results and highlighted the areas so my friend wouldn't get any ideas.

my right eye ended up 20/20, and my left 20/40. and he touched up my left eye a year later for free.

soab i paid more for my co pay///// and yes thats the same guy/dr.. also very nice/pleasent etc...although i had some trouble after my exam....he said my eyes needed attention right away........:bunny::bunny::bunny: