Where can i buy a bucket of oysters? I need zinc in my diet

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Does anybody know where these oyster beach guys buy their product from? I dont mind going out of the town but where? Ive heard there is a spot somewhere past nagua but need more info.
I eat the oyster and my chickens would eat the shells... And no my husband doesnt like them, he wouldnt even taste it under a gunpoint. They are very rich in zinc and im zinc defficient, hate taking pills and love oysters mmmm

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You also know that crab, lobster, and wheat germ are high in zinc and that the oysters should be cooked to get the most zinc out of them and into you. Also liver, spinach, pumpkin and cashews.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Usually there is some cause if you are deficient in something - it may be better to find the cause first

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't like oysters or lobsters from these warmer waters and i would be especially careful in the summer.

go for the other options suggested here until later, if you must have the oysters.

One little stomach imbroglio and you'll wish you hadn't

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Im defficient in many things due to leaky gut (had many rounds of strong antibiotics that dominican doctors really love to prescribe) im fixing that issue and just want to eat oysters instead of pills. Anyway, where or who???

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
You also know that crab, lobster, and wheat germ are high in zinc and that the oysters should be cooked to get the most zinc out of them and into you. Also liver, spinach, pumpkin and cashews.

my sister used to call me wheat germ... be careful when buying themmm

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Way down

Does anybody know where these oyster beach guys buy their product from? I dont mind going out of the town but where? Ive heard there is a spot somewhere past nagua but need more info.
I eat the oyster and my chickens would eat the shells... And no my husband doesnt like them, he wouldnt even taste it under a gunpoint. They are very rich in zinc and im zinc defficient, hate taking pills and love oysters mmmm

Down the rabbit hole I go to find my oyster!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Im defficient in many things due to leaky gut (had many rounds of strong antibiotics that dominican doctors really love to prescribe) im fixing that issue and just want to eat oysters instead of pills. Anyway, where or who???

You can get fresh, live oysters from street on the malicon in POP at the Kiosks by the beach. He sits at your table and gladly shucks all you care to eat. They are small oysters, but very tasty. He has limes and hot sauce for you to use, but if you like munching on crackers with your oysters, then bring some with you. He also sells esalada de lambi too. My wife and I usually buy him a beer, and pay him 2-300 pesos for his delicious treats.

I do agree that you should beware in summer as breeding season is in full swing now for oysters. wait until mid September and eat till your heart's content!

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I love raw oysters. Cold North Atlantic. Well fleet, Long Island blue point. Had something called ouster in Maryland/Virginia and New Orleans. Yuck!

Haven't had one oyster in three years. Never again.

I don't like oysters or lobsters from these warmer waters and i would be especially careful in the summer.

go for the other options suggested here until later, if you must have the oysters.

One little stomach imbroglio and you'll wish you hadn't

Rasputin

Jan 27, 2015
Ignoring the other sources of zinc that you could and probably do eat, if relying solely on oysters, you don't need a bucket full. 2 oysters a day will provide more than the recommended daily intake of zinc for an adult. You can easily get by on 1 oyster as a supplement and the other food you eat.

They don't keep but a day in the refrigerator so unless you are planning a romantic interlude, a bucket full is overkill.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
raw shellfisht is a big health risk. Just my opinion but I would look elsewhere or take pills rather than get Hep. Especially true in the DR where there are no rules.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Im looking for the oysters that a guy on playa grande was selling. Always fresh big and tasty. Trust me i love them so much that i WILL eat at least half of the bucket in one sitting! I love those mf. The little ones in sosua and PP dont cut it, plus too exp for too little. I do eat other healthy stuff but have cravings for oyster and i like to listen to my body. To not get stomach bug i take HCL pill and stomach acid will kill any parasite.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I'm with you. I was in florida last month and ate two buckets at a place that had a connection from Wellfleet. Reading your post makes me want to jump on a flight tomorrow. Good luck in your quest. Let me know and I will be at your table in a heartbeat.!!!!!!!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Meemselle, that myth has been debunked years ago. In fact, I have a house in the FL panhandle and ate the appalachicolas straight of the boat, pretty much any month I chose.
I would be very leery of eating oysters off the shores of the DR, as these guys are pure filters. God knows what they filter leaving the mouths of some of these rivers.