another el cortecito update

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Sadly, the little German restaurant in Plaza Artistica is closed now. It was a favorite for a small bite to eat in the afternoon and offered good satisfying "comfort food". Rumors abound, but it seems the exit was a hasty one. The more things change, the more they remain the same. Might need to give the new Indian place a try (fellow DR1er.). I DO love a good chunk of naan.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
?sterreicherhaus

Sadly, the little German restaurant in Plaza Artistica is closed now.

In this photo there is the "?sterreicherhaus", an Austrian place.
When it comes to food, there is not much difference to German food... ;)

920f3425-62fa-4ceb-8442-fe2010a3ef2e_zpstkxdc1nv.jpg

donP

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
My apologies to the Austrians... OR Germans... whomever might have taken offense. LOL I was in both Austria and Germany in December... one would think I would know the difference... LOLOL

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Culinary Borders

My apologies to the Austrians... OR Germans... whomever might have taken offense. LOL I was in both Austria and Germany in December... one would think I would know the difference... LOLOL

Disclaimer:
I do not know whether the restaurant in the photo is the one which closed.
In fact, I have never been there...
(Southern) German and Austrian cooking are the same, more or less anyway... ;)

donP

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I looked for the Indian place, thought he said it was in plaza dorado.. But I didn't see it, mind you I only looked where palma rosa spa is. in the front... Papa Johns Pizza is opening up at PRV soon... Although I'll probably never eat there.... Lately I have been "cooking" in the Condo, which is new for me, but making all kinds of new DR type dishes with the ladies teaching me.. Also I have become addicted to Mangos.. If I don't have my daily mango I feel like ****..

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Also I have become addicted to Mangos.. If I don't have my daily mango I feel like ****..

Oy. Please come and take all of them off the tree in my front yard. I hate them. And my ama de llaves keeps making me juice and chopped up bowls of them that I have to smile and pretend to love, while in the meantime I pour them down the drain when she leaves.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oy. Please come and take all of them off the tree in my front yard. I hate them. And my ama de llaves keeps making me juice and chopped up bowls of them that I have to smile and pretend to love, while in the meantime I pour them down the drain when she leaves.

Oh Noooooooooo...........!

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
The Austrian place closed a few month back, however, a new restaurant opened up immediately afterwards. That one was gone within a matter of weeks.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

Put them on the Caribe Express to me... All that fiber and cancer fighting juice... send me the keys..

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I love mangos, but I'm allergic to them. I can do the occasional small bite once in a while, but more than that, I'm in trouble.

But man..................... that stuff is sooooo good and sweet!

You must also be allergic to other fruit in the same family.. That's to bad bro....

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I looked for the Indian place, thought he said it was in plaza dorado.. But I didn't see it, mind you I only looked where palma rosa spa is. in the front... Papa Johns Pizza is opening up at PRV soon... .

The indian restaurant is right behind the pharmacy, on the same side as Batu, where the other pizza place was in back.

That sign for Papa John's is 2 years old.