grand robbery and grand escape

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
around midday today two men robbed a banco popular branch in SD. they killed one of the guards (may he RIP) and escsped with around one million pesos in cash. the best part? in order to safely get away they tossed in the air a pack of 2,000 notes. bypassers jumped on the money blocking the transit amd the thieves escaped on a moto.
Asaltan sucursal del Banco Popular y matan guardi?n

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Silly thieves , they could have accomplished the same thing with a stack of 500's.. cuz those 2 mils usually stick together like Fresh American 20's out of an ATM...

sorry to hear about the guard.. may be rest in peace..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's all about showing off, i guess. still, it's a second bank robbery in a week. maybe delinquentes figured out there's money there :tired:

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
" Why do I rob banks? Because that's where they keep the money?" I hope the next guard wins the gun battle.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Two people robbed the bank and yet they arrested 3 and looking for 4 more very interesting. They are probably looking for the people who picked up the money on the street and ran.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It always amazes me how many people here think the police should be judge, jury and executioner. :cry:

If they try to adopt a US " innocent til proven Guilty" Court procedure in the DR, YOU wont be safe anywhere.. the street Ladrones will shoot you for pocket money.. they already doing it for Iphones.
The only thing they fear is getting a bullet in the head by a Cop ,who wont hesitate.. You take that away, the DR will sink into a Country you would never want to vacation or Live as an Expat.. its dangerous enough as it is now.
Are mistakes made, maybe, but these police are pretty street smart, and consideting the PEANUTS they are paid they do a pretty darn good job of taking out the Trash...
I got NO problem with it. Im a guest, and its their way ..

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
What amazes me is that the robbers were caught on at least three cameras and had absolutle no way of getting away with this crime ..The thieves are usually so dumb that they cannot get away with these brazen robberies.
drstock...the three seperation of powers is an unknown concept here and as the police do not know the law themselves they simply act in all three capacities .
Now will be a good time for the police to get several confessions and to break several gangs ,I imagine that it will not be done softly

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If they try to adopt a US " innocent til proven Guilty" Court procedure in the DR, YOU wont be safe anywhere.. the street Ladrones will shoot you for pocket money.. they already doing it for Iphones.
The only thing they fear is getting a bullet in the head by a Cop ,who wont hesitate.. You take that away, the DR will sink into a Country you would never want to vacation or Live as an Expat.. its dangerous enough as it is now.
Are mistakes made, maybe, but these police are pretty street smart, and consideting the PEANUTS they are paid they do a pretty darn good job of taking out the Trash...
I got NO problem with it. Im a guest, and its their way ..

generally speaking, cops know who they are looking for. they know that all criminal types have their specialty areas, and when certain things go down they have their short list of suspects. if a guy gets shot in a robbery, they might not go looking for Joaquin, because they know that he is a car thief. if they have a home burglary to deal with, they are looking for Radhames, because that is his thing. if someone gets shot they do not look for either of these guys, because they know that these are criminals, but not violent types. when this guy killed the guard, the cops already kneww who they were looking for, and he was a dead man walking.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I am in two minds about the killing by police of known criminals ,normally delinquents. I have seen them killed several times .On both occasions the deceased was riding a pasola and did not stop when the police challenged him so they shot them both times as they were fleeing. My golf partner was in his car with the window open and was stopped when a man with a pistol pointed the pistol at his face .. Two police were on a bike seconds after and fired and killed the delinquent . On balance,I think here it is the only way of dealing with these delinquents who place no value on life themselves

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
its a joke. Cops cant hit the head that's why its two taps center of mass. Would you rather hold a quick fair trial and hang them tomorrow?