Tricom office in Bavaro

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Thanks... I'll check it out. Need to return my WiMax modem and cancel the service. (Hasn't worked in months).

OMG...prepare yourself for the worst experience in your life!
I had to do the same and cost me 2 trips to La Romana and 3 to Sto.Dgo.

Make sure they sign for receiving the modem otherwise they will definitely try to get money out of you, which they will try anyway.

I get a headache only reading or hearing the name Tricom...:angry:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
OMG...prepare yourself for the worst experience in your life!
I had to do the same and cost me 2 trips to La Romana and 3 to Sto.Dgo.

Make sure they sign for receiving the modem otherwise they will definitely try to get money out of you, which they will try anyway.

I get a headache only reading or hearing the name Tricom...:angry:

Just do what any Dominican would do. Sell the modem and give them air. They can never collect anyway.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Just do what any Dominican would do. Sell the modem and give them air. They can never collect anyway.

Bad advice if you have a contract with them with your cedula-number, the bill will increase nicely every month and at one moment they will have a third company collecting the debt.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bad advice if you have a contract with them with your cedula-number, the bill will increase nicely every month and at one moment they will have a third company collecting the debt.

I am speaking from personal experience. I had a similar situation and gave them the middle of a bagel. They have no way to collect if you don't talk to them. I do have a Cedula and also am a DR Citizen. This was 10 years ago and I have not heard anything since.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I am speaking from personal experience. I had a similar situation and gave them the middle of a bagel. They have no way to collect if you don't talk to them. I do have a Cedula and also am a DR Citizen. This was 10 years ago and I have not heard anything since.

Exactly 10 years ago, nowadays things are changing here in the DR.
When your bill is high enough don't be surprised at the airport when you want to leave...it's coming also here in the DR!

But hey, just my 2 cents...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All due respect Peter but there is zero chance of an impediment issued for these things. NONE.