Warning, Spanish man thief returns to Sosua

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
He's about 40, Spanish, driving a red motorbike, he's good looking, perfect English, gives a story he's waiting on money from a bank and he needs to get to Puerto Plata or Santpo Domingo..... he wants cash!
I gave him 500 pesos about 6 months ago and I told him so. He left the office and jumped onto his motorbike.
Oh, he stinks of beer as well.

May 29, 2006
Oh I think I heard of him. Tells some bogus story about needing cash for a ticket home or legal problem then blows most of the money on booze and chicas. The rest, he wastes.. :)

They posted a photo of him on Facebook a while back. Hideous taste in clothing..

11755817_10155933179070083_171863576642353478_n.jpg

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Someone get a picture and turn it over to the immigration authorities. Problem solved.

Wait, I was thinking I was in a country were that would work. Never mind.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Oh I think I heard of him. Tells some bogus story about needing cash for a ticket home or legal problem then blows most of the money on booze and chicas. The rest, he wastes.. :)

They posted a photo of him on Facebook a while back. Hideous taste in clothing..
Glad to read that "Money on Booze and Chicas" is not considered wasted !!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
seen him in POP a while ago when he asked me for money at caribe bus station. i would not call him a "thief". he's just a regular hustler. can't be getting much out of strangers so he must have another source of income too.

May 29, 2006
one of the best Comedies of all time..

" not Mother ? "...
" Ruprecht !!! , may i take your Trident, Sir "...
LMAO

Yes, I had an experience like that once in Europe where I got some tips on how to better fit in with European style. In other words, I was the Steve Martin to my Michael Caine mentor. Still don't have the style guide for the DR yet. I like my shorts and Hawaiian shirts too much, but I leave the t-shirts at home now.. being American, I have the curse of the white socks, but I don't do the sandals, like some:

sandals-and-socks__1112776a.jpg

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The DR needs to stop being a sanctuary country. Get the deadbeats out.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Saw him 1-2 week ago on the Pedro Clisante, he asked me 100 pesos (I have not given) because he had to go to Puerto Plata (
he told me a passport story :lick: ).

For info, this Spanish only seek money from local resident !!

He is a pro of begging

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Yes, I had an experience like that once in Europe where I got some tips on how to better fit in with European style. In other words, I was the Steve Martin to my Michael Caine mentor. Still don't have the style guide for the DR yet. I like my shorts and Hawaiian shirts too much, but I leave the t-shirts at home now.. being American, I have the curse of the white socks, but I don't do the sandals, like some:

sandals-and-socks__1112776a.jpg

Hey you're like Derfish ;)

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
THIS IS THE GUY!!!!!! When I see him (and no doubt he'll be around Sosua today) I'll get another picture of him!

11755817_10155933179070083_171863576642353478_n.jpg

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How do you know he is from Spain... Looks like he could be Roma... they wrote the book on begging,. its an Art form for them, totally shamless as well..
and if he IS Roma, be thankful he is not a Pickpocket, cuz they even better at that.

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
When I get trolled by someone who is obviously a scammer, I tell them, "Wait right here, I'll go to my ATM and get some cash.. I'll be RIGHT BACK.." Then I head down to beach to play Dominoes..

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
The other day this fellow approached me in front of the German butcher shop and restaurant next to the car wash asking for money for a ticket to Santo Domingo.

It's amazing how much money he must make off expats or gringos bc there sure are a lot of people who hate this guy! LMAO

Here is a tip, if some stranger asks you for money, their story is a lie no matter where they are from. If you kind of know them it is probably a lie as well.

If you gave money to this guy, only really one person to blame...YOURSELF!

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
He looks like a guy I saw in Santiago at the Hotel Aloha Sol about a year and a half ago. He had some story that he was robbed in Sosua of his passport and money. I didn't give him a single peso. He stayed at the hotel one night, and the hotel staff told me he left without paying and cleaned out the fridge of snacks and drinks. Basically told him to get lost.

He looks like a guy I saw in Santiago at the Hotel Aloha Sol about a year and a half ago. He had some story that he was robbed in Sosua of his passport and money. I didn't give him a single peso. He stayed at the hotel one night, and the hotel staff told me he left without paying and cleaned out the fridge of snacks and drinks. Basically told him to get lost.

I think he moves around from town to town.