tourist card

pequena

Jan 11, 2002
Do I have to get a tourist card if I am not staying overnight? If so, can I get one when I arrive at the Santo Domingo airport? How much?
Thanks

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Tourist Card

I'm not too sure about the overnight thing......but a tourist card costs 10 bucks. Jim Hinsch....a regular poster will be able to answer that question for sure ....as he enters about four or five times a month!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are in Transit you don't have to..at least i don't think so.

You usually go to another part of the airport and await your next flight. You do not 'really' enter the country, so therefore no Tourist Card...

Of course if you do have to satay overnight then the airline that made you miss your connection would have to pay for it anyway.

Doesn't this sound right, folks??

HB

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
If you are fllying in, you will need one. It may be included in your ticket bundle, or you may have to buy it at the airport. If you are on a cruise, I don't think you need one, but this is a new one on me.

If you ARE on a cruise, I would love to get some feedback on what you thought of the stop in this country.

marc

Last edited:

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Re: Tourist Card

doug said:
I'm not too sure about the overnight thing......but a tourist card costs 10 bucks. Jim Hinsch....a regular poster will be able to answer that question for sure ....as he enters about four or five times a month!

The tourist card requirement applies if you must pass through immigration. That is where it is asked for. For example, crew do not pass through immigration when they are just reboarding the next flight out. Nor do those that wait in the transit lounge.