Tourist Feared Dead

donP

Dec 14, 2008
El Lim?n, Saman?
At least two people died in an accident this morning when a lorry, a minibus (with 5 tourists) and another vehicle collided.

unfallellimon_zpsdxxxx5hi.png

Source:
Facebook / Delvis Santos

donP

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
What can anyone say when this is such a regular occurrence .. so many times a truck and a mini bus or gua gua . How many times must we give condolences but nothing is ever done ..mini buses go much too fast and so do trucks and the drivers are using their cel phones and trying to pass when it is a risk . Four times they may succeed but on the fifth time it is death . Drivers here are totally immoral.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Pea brains driving. Same sh*t as usual... Nothing can be done about I am afraid...

an hour ago, i saw a guy pull over to the kerb to pick up a lady. just as she was about to open the passenger door to get into the jeepeta, a guy on a passola, going the opposite way on the street, passed between her and the car. she just barely jumped back in time, or the guy would have creamed her.

just brace yourselves for a repetition of this kind of news on a daily basis. the rank and file guy here is not mentally equipped to operate sophisticated machinery. ..if you can consider a motor vehicle sophisticated. it is just too complex a task.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Avoid public transport, drive as large a vehicle as you can afford, always wear the belt system and do not to drive at night. About all you can do to reduce your chances of joining the country's leading cause of death and injury.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I finally put a permanent camera in my car, it wont be long until you guys see something really funny, stupid, or horrific. Forward and Reverse.....recording all the time.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I finally put a permanent camera in my car, it wont be long until you guys see something really funny, stupid, or horrific. Forward and Reverse.....recording all the time.

Google Russian dash cams. It's a video phenomenon.

Jan 3, 2003
I can just imagine the owner of that truck lamenting the loss of his property. Those trucks
don't come cheap. The owner will blame the dead driver and won't shed a tear for him.
He'll cry over the gaping hole in his investment and the loss of income that truck brought
him. I wonder if any of the bystanders took any goods from the truck for their own personal
use. It's a very Dominican thing to do (COSA DOMINICANA).

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I can just imagine the owner of that truck lamenting the loss of his property. Those trucks
don't come cheap. The owner will blame the dead driver and won't shed a tear for him.
He'll cry over the gaping hole in his investment and the loss of income that truck brought
him. I wonder if any of the bystanders took any goods from the truck for their own personal
use. It's a very Dominican thing to do (COSA DOMINICANA).

OC, i don?t think too many people in too many countries would miss the opportunity to take a few things off that truck....

Feb 7, 2007
The truck driver is not dead according to the video from Ncdn. The two dead are motorcycle driver and 1 tourist.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Are we almost at the point of reaching a consensus that driving in the DR is a dangerous undertaking? More so for those infrequent visitors who have not been doing it long enough to have the experience to adjust their approach to the task?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Are we almost at the point of reaching a consensus that driving in the DR is a dangerous undertaking? More so for those infrequent visitors who have not been doing it long enough to have the experience to adjust their approach to the task?

i recon it's pure fear mongering. more newborn babies die here every year than people in accidents. and in SD alone there are over one million people a day using some for of transport. but how many babies are born? yet no one here warns against spawning.