oh hello the se adverts have gone

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is anyone else gets very expicit sex adverts- usually its only the first time you sign in , for the past few days its been all the time even after deleting history etc

I dont need to see vaginas on here ...I can see them anywhere if I really want to

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
is anyone else gets very expicit sex adverts- usually its only the first time you sign in , for the past few days its been all the time even after deleting history etc

I dont need to see vaginas on here ...I can see them anywhere if I really want to

what I see is anything I have researched on other sites. Pretty dresses, funiture, vacations, etc. :)

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The only sex ads I get are when I do a google search for DR1 at work. There is one suggested link that is always at the top of the list that links to "hot babes"

Someone on here recommended Adblock plus to stop pop ups. Robert probably doesn't like it because it stops his ads at the top of the page. At least I assume they are generated by DR1. Again I only see them at work because Adblock is not installed on work computer.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

You have malware on your PC, its not a DR1 issue.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert probably doesn't like it because it stops his ads at the top of the page. At least I assume they are generated by DR1. Again I only see them at work because Adblock is not installed on work computer.

They are Google "contextual" ads, they display different for most users. I have zero control on whats shown. It's based on your own surfing habits (cookies) and page content.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I never ever ever search sex ads but every time I try and search via Google for something on DR1 which is much quicker than using the search function I get a sex ad. Maybe the Google search reflects the searching of other DR1 users?

Matilda

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
They are Google "contextual" ads, they display different for most users. I have zero control on whats shown. It's based on your own surfing habits (cookies) and page content.
So you don't have any ads at the top of DR1? Because I see ads for Guzman lawyers, OceanWorld and other DR businesses, not what Anna is describing. I just assumed they were paid ads on DR1.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
So you don't have any ads at the top of DR1? Because I see ads for Guzman lawyers, OceanWorld and other DR businesses, not what Anna is describing. I just assumed they were paid ads on DR1.

This is not about the ads shown on DR1. You go to Google, you type in DR1 something that you are searching for, a thread you can't remember, like DR1 citizenship. You get a load of links, you click on one and you get a sex pagelike photos right in your face. Dr1 appears to be linked to some sex website.

Matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
type dr1 forum in google and see what comes up when you click the links the first time

288ayoo.jpg

I get DR1.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
This is not about the ads shown on DR1. You go to Google, you type in DR1 something that you are searching for, a thread you can't remember, like DR1 citizenship. You get a load of links, you click on one and you get a sex pagelike photos right in your face. Dr1 appears to be linked to some sex website.

Matilda
I get that Matilda, read my first post in this thread.

My comment was that with Adblocker Plus, I don't get the sex ads when I google search DR1. Without it, I get the sex ad links, plus other ads at the top of the page once I log in to DR 1that I thought were paid ads on DR1. At home, no sex ads and no ads at the top of the DR1 page.

On saying that, I use Firefox with Adblocker at home, but my work computers have Google Chrome. Not sure if that makes a difference, but the search results are different.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the first time i press on those links after googling I get sex adverts, then I go back and its dr1

- its the only site it ever happens on by the way

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Even when I log-on to Face Book I see ads for things that I have previously researched at places like Amazon, Overstock and other sites. I think your cookies on your computer is what is attracting the ads. It's like BIG BROTHER is watching!

You can turn this annoying $hit off, it takes a few tweeks to stop the targeted cookie monster.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Most websites will report your presence to numerous tracking companies, Facebook included. A "thumbs up" click here to like icon is a dead giveaway that FB knows you visited that site even if you don't click on the icon.

You need to install software or extensions to prevent you being tracked as you go meander around the net.