Not staying at an all-inclusive... Where to eat that is good

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
My wife and I are celebrating our 20th. We have been given a week at the Paradisus Punta Cana. We have limited funds and can't afford all-inclusive. We are looking for some places to get good food at a cheap price... We can't eat pork or seafood...

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
find a hotel with a kitchen and cook your own food. not sure weres the supermarket is located i never been there but there should be one and alot of small stores

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From the Paradisus you are just about walking distance or a short bus/motoconcho ride from Cortecito and Los Corales, residential/commercial areas with several restaurants, some of which are relatively inexpensive. There are also mini-markets in these areas. The nearest large supermarket would be Plaza Lama in Palma Real shopping centre.

E.g. Balicana in Los Corales (south east Asian cuisine) has a 350 pesos "bowl menu" on weekday lunchtimes, which is excellent value for money.

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
From the Paradisus you are just about walking distance or a short bus/motoconcho ride from Cortecito and Los Corales, residential/commercial areas with several restaurants, some of which are relatively inexpensive. There are also mini-markets in these areas. The nearest large supermarket would be Plaza Lama in Palma Real shopping centre.

E.g. Balicana in Los Corales (south east Asian cuisine) has a 350 pesos "bowl menu" on weekday lunchtimes, which is excellent value for money.

Thanks... Is there a bus stop close to the paradusus?

Feb 7, 2007
I am maybe misunderstanding, but if you have been given a week to stay at Paradisus Punta Cana, you can just eat within the hotel, why would you want to go eat outside if the food comes with your hotel stay?

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
I just was emailed a menu and was told that I could only eat at the buffets. $20 a piece for breakfast, $30 a piece for lunch and $40 for supper. That is more than to AI charge. We have $700 for the week. Transport and other needs are coming ou of the $700. We are just glad to be able to go.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
You can stay at AI for say 3 days and still enjoy the benefits, unlimited food, its cheaper than eat out of the hotel. If you need help, PM me and I will lead you the way to see if it fits your needs.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bring a loaf of bread and a jar of marmite, you could always grab an Induveca @ the colmado.

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
You can stay at AI for say 3 days and still enjoy the benefits, unlimited food, its cheaper than eat out of the hotel. If you need help, PM me and I will lead you the way to see if it fits your needs.

For some reason I can't PM you..

May 5, 2007
I just was emailed a menu and was told that I could only eat at the buffets. $20 a piece for breakfast, $30 a piece for lunch and $40 for supper. That is more than to AI charge. We have $700 for the week. Transport and other needs are coming ou of the $700. We are just glad to be able to go.

Not familiar with the property you are staying at, but does your room have mini fridge and microwave? If so, a run now
and then to local colmado should solve the problem The few times I stayed in an A/I I would stock up anyways
didn't want to get dressed and head to dining room for a sandwich and Coke

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
This is a little unusual, I didn't know AI's had "hotel only" options. I'm really surprised about the "a-la-carte" option. It's perfectly normal for AI's to offer "day passes" (complete with food) for non-hotel guests, but the doing it the other way around is sort of, well, contrary to the point of being an AI.

Even if that's the case, are you saying the buffets are NOT included, or that they are, and you're looking for sit-down restaurants?

Worst case, you can do dinner at the AIs (80ppd comes to $560 over the week), and then grab some light fare for brunch. Otherwise, I'd definitely go with whatever suggestions you can get from Chiri and MikeFisher, who are extremely familiar with the area. If you can scrape up an extra hundred bucks or two, it really would go a long way.

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
Nothing is included unless we pay the fees. This is why we chose the Pardisus Punta Cana, because the AI is optional. It was the only way we could afford to go. Our aunt and uncle own timeshare through RCI.

That's $82 per person.. so, unless my wife wants to go without eating...lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just one more of the innumerable "BENEFITS" of owning a "Time Snare"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they got nice "T-shirts"!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 7, 2007
OK Now we are talking.

So basically you are getting a timeshare stay, which only has room included but no services. Is that correct?

Would you be able to switch to a cheaper AI hotel that might have the AI option included, or eventually where AI pass would not be so expensive?

I guess that without "services", you would not even have drinks, etc. included?

Now another thing, people frequently go eat dinner with pants and long sleeve shirts, at least many do. They do not see if you have bracelet or no (at a buffet), just saying ... Problem would be in a-la-carte restaurants, because you have to give out a room number.

Last edited: