My Dominican boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet199023

Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys, great site, loads of great info, I just wanted to share my story so far and maybe get some words of advice.
Firstly I met my boyfriend whilst working on cruise ships where we spend a year (2 contracts) living and working together. We fell in love and enjoyed every moment we spent together. I then made the decision to leave ships and work back home in the UK. At this point we decided to end our relationship as we couldn't see how we could possibly make it work in the future being in two different countries. I am well educated and sensible and wasn't interested in a whirlwind romance that could go wrong. We spent 8 months apart and then eventually got back in touch when we discovered we still have very strong feelings for each other.

After a couple of months of regular communication I decided to visit him. We realised how in tune we are, how much fun we have together and how in love we still are. And this comes to my big decision.

We have decided to get married next time I visit with my friend this time In 5 months, and then start the visa process for him to move to the UK. I must mention that he has never pushed this on me, I am very conscious of what could be happening but have no doubts that we will be marrying because we love each other dearly, although we wouldn't be marrying so soon if the distance wasn't a problem, we are marrying for the right reasons and plan to spend our lives together. He has never asked me for money and when I have voiced my concerns about the intentions of many Dominican 'sankies' he has told me that I need to think seriously about whether I am ready to marry him as he doesn't want to do it if I have doubts in my mind.

One other thing I should mention is that he does have a young daughter from a previous relationship, and is a fantastic father, all his money is spent on her, although he doesn't get along with her mum her sees her at least 3 times a week and obviously he knows he can provide for her better from the UK. He is already used to being away from her fr being on ships.

My question is ... I think I have found a good one... But I am concerned that that's was everyone thinks, u am interested in some experienced women's take on my situation. Please feel free to ask any further questions.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I am well educated and sensible.... Of course you are :)

Please marry him and live happily ever after, that way you can prove the laws of nature and statistics wrong.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.