Knowledge Management

William D. Park

Jan 13, 2002
Frederick, do the manager and leaders of organizations worry about Knowledge Management ? I am a business consultant working in this area (people side) and am in and out of Santo Domingo. If there is interest, I'd like to meet some business people and learn what is going on.

Thanks, William D Parker

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
This needs PLANNING!!

I think the lack of replies on this subject, gives you your answer William. I have talked to CEO's or similar up here on the North Coast about making Business Plans, Marketing plans & ISO 9000 (not for me to do the consultancy work - I have retired - but for the benefits these plans would bring to their companies). Not one of those companies has yet taken on an outside consultant to investigate their company.

Sorry, planning is as nasty word here - it means having to think about the future!!!! Look at the way this Government is borrowing money at the moment ... No thought as to how, why & when it will ever get paid back!! What are your thoughts Fredric?

Grahame Bush.

William D. Park

Jan 13, 2002
Knowledge Management - DR

BushBaby,

Thank you for the response. Yes, no response from Frederick or others does communicate what I need to know at this time.

Perhaps not communicating in Spanish is important. Opinion on that ?

I am planning a "test workshop" in July in Santo Domingo.

I will not stop planning on the business managers waking up to the need to manage the knowledge that resides in their organizations.

William Parker

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I don't think the lack of Spanish on this board makes ANY difference - Fredric, Fabio Guzman, Rob & Dalores all speak GREAT English (although Rob occassionally lapses into the venacular!!) & most others here always comment in English. A lot of senior management in companies have (or can get people who have) a working knowledge of English.

Good luck with your test workshop - I hope you have sirens, bells & whistles to wake these managers up, plus a whole load of coffee to keep them awake!! Don't quit the day job though!!!

Regards - Grahame.
If you're up in Puerto Plata anytime, come & talk ISO 9000 or 5750 or even Communication in Industry. I'd enjoy that! - GB.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Re: Knowledge Management - DR

William D. Park said:
BushBaby,

I am planning a "test workshop" in July in Santo Domingo.

I will not stop planning on the business managers waking up to the need to manage the knowledge that resides in their organizations.

William Parker

A total waste of time.
The first concept of doing business accepted anywhere in the world "customer service" is totally foreign
to the local big business.
wittness Codetel, Edenorte, Banco Pop.
They have not the first clue.
What kind of knowledge would you want to part with these
managers.??

frederic

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY.....

If your approach could provide an adequate structure for integrating information, communication, and knowledge technologies to promote the acceleration of economic growth and sustainable development of the Dominican Republic, then I'm interested.

As the Director of Economic Development of the Fundaci?n Global Democracia y Desarrollo of the Dominican Republic (www.funglode.org), which is Chaired by Dr. Leonel Fern?ndez, former President of the Dom. Rep. (1996-2000) I am very interested, as well as others in the Fundaci?n (in charge of Science and Technology, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Telecommunications, Cabling).

The rapid volatile processes of economic and technological changes happening in our country have left traditional businesses and the great majority of our entrepreneurs in the dust, wondering about how to reorganize themselves and their firms to adapt to new realities; if they want to survive, compete and prosper in these times.

The entrepeneural capacity of the dominican business community is one of the greatest in the region; but the formal educational level of the majority of the businesspersons, employees, and workers of most firms have become a binding restriction on many economic sector's development.

We definitely need to find innovative ways to quickly educate the uneducated and upgrade the traditionally educated. We need to reorganize our knowledge related processes to break the chains of ignorance that enslave many of our people and create new ways for them to acquire the knowledge they need to raise the quality of their living standards in a relatively short time. This might only be achieved within the context of a scientific and technical revolution, as the one we are undergoing.

If you think you can help us in reaching our goals, we would be interested in hearing more form you. Contact me directly at frederic@tricom.net or frederic@funglode.org to let us know what you could be willing to do for us and what you might want form us (visit our website and see what we have been doing with others)