EPS New Shipping Address PROBLEM

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
EPS has a notice of a change in the address for shipping. It is the same address but now Miami instead of Doral and a new zip.

Changed it on Amazon and bought an item and this occurred.

Returning to sender
Your package was refused at delivery. It is being returned to Amazon. You will be refunded for the original shipment within 2-3 days business days after we receive it.

Will call EPS when they open and let them know. I have ordered dozens of packages with them and never this.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would hope that if an address changes, they would sent out an email. Received my last pkg from Doral 2 days ago.

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
They did send out an email notifying customers in the middle of July. I did receive packages that were in the middle of the change. It was not a change initiated by EPS but by the American postal system. I would think re-routing will be in effect to help parcels get through but there is always the exception. Also from my experience, do not use the correspondence address. It is not trustworthy, it is second class delivery without tracking and not much cheaper if you ever do get your mail.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I got this back in July...

Estimado cliente,

Para su informaci?n y fines de lugar

Luego de un saludo afectuoso les informamos que nuestro C?DIGO POSTAL para recepci?n de paquetes en Miami ha cambiado y a partir de hoy es la siguiente :

EPS No.
8260 NW 14 ST
MIAMI, FL

El Zip Code 33191 1501 sustituye el 33126 y en vez de Doral, es MIAMI, FL

Estamos trabajando ya en la campa?a informativa pero la participaci?n de todo EPS es vital, dada la urgencia en que TODOS nuestros clientes conozcan esta nueva direcci?n.

Gracias por su apoyo y es importante que conozcan que este cambio fue realizado por el correo americano y no es solamente EPS que ha cambiado.

Disculpe los inconvenientes que esto le pueda causar.

Saludos cordiales

Carmen Taveras
Oficial de Counter

Carmen Taveras
Oficial de Counter

EPS B?varo-Friusa

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A similar SNAFU happened when ENCARGOPAQ recently changed shipping addresses and some customers had issues. Trust me, you want to be all over this.
Part of the problem, and a big part, is the USPS delivery service in the Miami area. They are really poor and unfortunately most vendors use USPS. So some of the fault will be because of USPS.

Think of it this way, a client like EPS or Encargopaq files a change of address form with USPS. USPS should never have a delivery issue because they are now on notice to deliver to the new address. But trust me, USPS has issues.

I have no idea how UPS or FEDEX deal with such address changes, but they must also have a smooth way for a client that receives as many packages as EPS.

You are lucky if the package was just returned to the sender and you can get a refund and start over.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
strange, I used the new address last week with no problem??? Maybe Prime gets a different carrier ???

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's interesting because I received no such email in July. I'll wait for SKY to finish discussing this with EPS and report back before I do likewise. Thus far EPS has been hassle free and it worked every time. I didn't mind the higher charges because the service was so reliable.

I guess nothing lasts forever.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Too many foreigners working at USPS, THE DONALD will fix that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's interesting because I received no such email in July. I'll wait for SKY to finish discussing this with EPS and report back before I do likewise. Thus far EPS has been hassle free and it worked every time. I didn't mind the higher charges because the service was so reliable.

I guess nothing lasts forever.

I switched to Encargopaq and never looked back. One thing to note, if you still want to use EPS for regular mail, they allow that without paying an annual fee. For packages I believe they still charge an annual subscription fee and their charges per pound are higher and I have to pick up the packages unlike Encargopaq who charges less, has no annual fee, and delivers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Too many foreigners working at USPS, THE DONALD will fix that.

While you are making a joke, it is somewhat on point. The real issue is too many sub-humans. I have spoken to many of them at USPS when I have had delivery problems, and they were not foreign born.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
UNBELIEVABLE MUST READ for EPS

Went to the Office in Bavaro. Showed the girl the message that the package was not accepted.

Next to the girl was the notice with the Miami zip. She took the notice and crossed off the Miami part and put in Doral with the NEW ZIP 33126-1501. So the info with the Miami address is totally wrong.

I had to take the 50 or so notices on the counter and put them in the garbage myself.

I have met my share of morons here, but this is a well run company doing this crap.

Do not change the address, just add -1501 at the end of the zip.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I disagree with some of the posters above the EPS in Friusa-Bavaro has been excellent.. I will continue to use... And the email warning me about the address change came from the manager of the Friusa office... Good job!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I disagree with some of the posters above the EPS in Friusa-Bavaro has been excellent.. I will continue to use... And the email warning me about the address change came from the manager of the Friusa office... Good job!

I concur. This is not about that particular office. It is the notice sent out by EPS. I have received excellent service in that office and will continue with them.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Sky, so its still DORAL and just the ZIP 33126-1501? Packages aren't coming from Miami? I'm lucky because I used the new address from the "letter" and got my package a few weeks ago..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky, so its still DORAL and just the ZIP? Packages aren't coming from Miami.. I'm lucky because I used the new address from the "letter" and got my package a few weeks ago..

Yes, at least that is what the girl in the office told me. I will change back to the Doral one.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Now that we are all primed to become totally confused, I'll fire off an email to the Sosua office and ask them what address to use. Get your beer ready, more confusion is sure to follow. I'll let you know that Jenni has to say.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
This happened to me when Encargo switched not that long ago. I clicked the wrong address on Amazon. Bastards charged me $40 to ship a package from the old address to the new address.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Went to the Office in Bavaro. Showed the girl the message that the package was not accepted.

Next to the girl was the notice with the Miami zip. She took the notice and crossed off the Miami part and put in Doral with the NEW ZIP 33126-1501. So the info with the Miami address is totally wrong.

I had to take the 50 or so notices on the counter and put them in the garbage myself.

I have met my share of morons here, but this is a well run company doing this crap.

Do not change the address, just add -1501 at the end of the zip.

And that info regarding Miami being the address is on their web site. Confused, it is indeed:

http://www.eps-int.com/Pages.asp?cid=21

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
USPS Zip Code Lookup confirms change

EPS's website and Facebook page have the address change to Miami, FL 33191-1501. The same street address as before. The USPS Zip Code lookup confirms the changed Zip Code for the street address. It appears the USPS is fine tuning the zips for the area to improve service.

Regards,

PJT