7 ounce Presidente

Apr 13, 2011
I have seen them randomly at the colmados in Santo Domingo. I do not think they are a big seller, so it is probably stocked on "whenever they feel like it" basis. They look so tiny.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What in the hell do you do with a 7th ounce beer?

Is it for kids?

Perfect size, stays ice cold to the last drop in this heat. If you throwing a party great for the guests.

No big deal, you just drink two 7 ounce instead of a 12. When they first came out the 7 ounce bottle was actually cheaper by the ounce than the 12 ounce bottle.

Presidente first introduced them three years ago and as previously mentioned they are hit or miss to find them now.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Kid sized beers. Now if only the tobacco people woukd make a 5 pack of cigarettes it would be the perfect place to raise children.
Just imagine what the life expectancy would be then. God I love this place.

May 29, 2006
I barely saw grandes, much less regulares during my visit for two weeks. In some places, it's 100 for a grande, 125 for a jumbo. I think I saw three of the 12oz served over the last two weeks. Most places don't even bother with them...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I barely saw grandes, much less regulares during my visit for two weeks. In some places, it's 100 for a grande, 125 for a jumbo. I think I saw three of the 12oz served over the last two weeks. Most places don't even bother with them...

Not looking to buy one 7 ounce bottle but looking to buy a couple cases for a house party.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What time does it start? Don't want to be late. Open bar? Made any decisions on food yet? Only a couple of cases of teeny bottles? On a good night I can drink a couple of cases of 7 ounce bottles by myself. On second thought Ill take a rain check. 7 ounce bottle is good for a first beer when you make a new friend and do not want to risk buying her a bigger beer in case things do not work out. No point in wasting money or beer, eh. Hope your house party is a big success.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
................. Only a couple of cases of teeny bottles? On a good night I can drink a couple of cases of 7 ounce bottles by myself.....Hope your house party is a big success.

Yes, just a couple cases of teeny bottles. The guests will all show up with a six pack of their favorite brew in each hand and a bottle of booze tucked under their arm.

May 29, 2006
Rolling Rock did 7oz beer many years ago and ever since then I think of any tiny beer as a "pony." I can see it working by the case, but you'd prob pay 50 pesos each if you bought them one by one.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
In St. Maarten, if you want to drink a Heineken, a 7 oz bottle is what you will get. $1.00 ea and very popular. I imagine that it wont be long before 7oz Presidentes show up there too. You can drink a bottle without it getting warm.