Fundraiser for John's Recovery House Sept 3rd @ Tropicoco Restaurant

There is a Fundraiser for John's Recovery House this Thursrday, September 3rd at Tropicoco Restaurant. 7 pm start.

John's Recovery house is located in Cabarete for people who are in recovery from alcohol or addictions wanting an alcohol and drug free environment for their vacation. AA meeting are held on the property daily.

Tickets are 1500 pesos and include an All you can eat Buffet, welcome drink (non alcoholic :D) and raffle ticket for prizes.

My wife Andr?a will be performing solo with her Piano and lungs and there will be other entertainment as well.

Don't fret drinkers as Alcohol will be served at the event and you can either get tickets at the door or PM me for advance tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155966965685065&set=p.10155966965685065&type=1&theater

Hope to see you there!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would go, but I don't think Foster Brooks will be there.

[video=youtube;SuYhSzMGw9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuYhSzMGw9w[/video]

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would like to hear more about Mrs Rock and pictures would be even better.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK, I am trying to understand.

A bunch of 'recoverers' will be at a party where alcohol will be served.

having nursed my brother thru this....
this is a non sequitur........... no booze anywhere near the site.

Now HIM, he sold wacky tobaccy out the back door at those meetings.

Drinks and an AA meeting - ????

Hardly
clean up your act.....
your service is a disservice ......

Good luck to the wife

Once again this is not a meeting, it is a restaurant so unless you brother never goes to restaurants I am sure he is around booze. Many people going are not alcoholics but want to support this cause so yes there will be people drinking.
In the real world you are around booze at some point, I was sober for 10 years and had no problem going out with people drinking. Of course in the beginning I stayed away from it but to shut yourself in for the rest of your life is unrealistic.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Well it's nice to see that people on the DR1 forum are still here, encouraging and being so positive. Oh gee, imagine having a fundraiser at a restaurant!!! Imagine they are serving drinks with booze in them!!! Nope never heard of such a thing... guess we better start monitoring the fund raiser for Sosua Kids or AAAS or DCDR... we might have a negative influence on kids and dogs!!! Harleysrock will be nice to see you and to hear that girl sing and play!!! We know she rocks!!! Thanks for sharing the information!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Once again this is not a meeting, it is a restaurant so unless you brother never goes to restaurants I am sure he is around booze. Many people going are not alcoholics but want to support this cause so yes there will be people drinking.
In the real world you are around booze at some point, I was sober for 10 years and had no problem going out with people drinking. Of course in the beginning I stayed away from it but to shut yourself in for the rest of your life is unrealistic.

He died.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
OMGosh people. How obtuse can you be??

It's a FUNDRAISER, being held at a RESTAURANT, and the proceeds will go to help RECOVERING ALCOHOLICS. Those recovering alcoholics will NOT be attending the fundraiser - unless they buy a ticket, of course.

I'm thinking the reading comprehension last night must have been affected by rum.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I personally know John Fitzgerald. He's the real deal, and so is his recovery program. John's been here since before i moved up to the North Coast. He's a good guy, trying to help people help themselves. I've never known him to ask for one penny from anyone, and i've known him for about 8 or 9 years.

I'm also best friend's (through motorcycles) with a guy, Mike Fitzgerald, who has attended John's meetings for at least 8 or 9 years. Mike Fitzgerald has had nothing but praise to for John Fitzgerald (Same last name, no relation).

If i don't have to work, i'll be there to lend my financial support.

Frank

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is a Fundraiser for John's Recovery House this Thursrday, September 3rd at Tropicoco Restaurant. 7 pm start.

John's Recovery house is located in Cabarete for people who are in recovery from alcohol or addictions wanting an alcohol and drug free environment for their vacation. AA meeting are held on the property daily.

Tickets are 1500 pesos and include an All you can eat Buffet, welcome drink (non alcoholic :D) and raffle ticket for prizes.

My wife Andr?a will be performing solo with her Piano and lungs and there will be other entertainment as well.

Don't fret drinkers as Alcohol will be served at the event and you can either get tickets at the door or PM me for advance tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155966965685065&set=p.10155966965685065&type=1&theater

Hope to see you there!!

She has GREAT LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC