Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pueto 'Pa Mi

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pueto 'Pa Mi

Saw this at Sambil. The movie has been out for a while but there was a nice crowd watching so hopefully it will make money. I'm sure it's on the streets by now.

Has anyone viewed the movie, would like to read some comments. My take on it:

I give it 3 out of 4 stars. Production value was good, acting not bad. I think this was Mozart y Mejor first movie.

Don't want to give away the story but it's basically the story of how two Dominicans trying to become successful in the music game. Two different stories but same out come. Easy to follow plot, maybe that's why I could enjoy it with my limited spanish skills. Also it was cool seeing spots in the movie that I've been to before.

What I didn't like; all the product placement shots. I know you have to funding for your project but dangg I didn't see one Presidente in the movie. All Heineken and Coors light, really?

Also didn't like the color undertones, but that's is life in DR.

Anyone else has a review?
    Last edited by RG84; 09-03-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

video of the Mozart

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

clips from the Premiere

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it a couple weeks ago with the new GF. I'd def like to see again with subtitles. First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect. It was a little odd they didn't have the runner lights on the stairs and didn't much care for the delivery service during the movie and the guy next to me paying for popcorn and drinks with a debit card, but all in all, had a good time.

One thing that set it apart from an American movie was there was no love interest. Could easily be remade into an American version.

El chubi was quite the earworm.. annoying yet infectious. The audience liked it..

Last edited by PeterInBrat; 09-03-2015 at 12:37 PM.

5. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    ........ First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect.......
    I know, I know going off topic a bit but what theater did you see the movie at?

@ the OP, thanks for the post and will make sure I see the flick before it leaves the theaters.

7. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it a couple weeks ago with the new GF. I'd def like to see again with subtitles. First time seeing a movie in a Dominican theater and wasn't as rowdy as I'd been told to expect. It was a little odd they didn't have the runner lights on the stairs and didn't much care for the delivery service during the movie and the guy next to me paying for popcorn and drinks with a debit card, but all in all, had a good time.

One thing that set it apart from an American movie was there was no love interest. Could easily be remade into an American version.

El chubi was quite the earworm.. annoying yet infectious. The audience liked it..

The relation between Mozart and the Puerto Rican girl was a love interest but not a developed one, almost like they forgot hey he needs a novia. He call her his novia at the end of the movie. So yeah you are right, it really wasn't one.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it in Higüey on a Sunday night. We had to sit in the isles because they were sold out and we came in late.

Was the DJ actress also in La Soga?

10. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it in Higüey on a Sunday night. We had to sit in the isles because they were sold out and we came in late.

Was the DJ actress also in La Soga?

Good eye that is her:
    Denise Quiñones she is from Puerto Rico , but the way she said , "Como estas".. Como tu ta just like a Dominican

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And former Miss Universe too..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RG84 View Post

What I didn't like; all the product placement shots. I know you have to funding for your project but dangg I didn't see one Presidente in the movie. All Heineken and Coors light, really?
    Yeah, that confused me, and I was wondering if they were supposed to be in PR, because who the hell drinks Heineken from the barrio in SD? Never occurred to me that it was product placement.

14. Likes RG84 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast