juan Dolio

shell

Jan 13, 2002
I am going to Juan Dolio in June and would as much information as possible about the resort. What are the good points and the bad points? If there any where nearby that should be visited etc? Also what are the golf courses and beaches like?

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Jaun Dolio

You don't state which resort you are staying in!! As for Golf...you have a very nice course right across the street called Los Marlins...a.k.a. Metro. Your beach is pretty good, there are lots better in the DR but it's ok. Down the street at Boca Chica it is much nicer! For things to do.....you would have to say what you would like to do....as there are many,many things to do(not in Jaun Dolio, but in the Capital)write back and state what your into!

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
Costa Caribe can be a good experience, as long as you have secured a good room. It is centrally located along the Juan Dolio beach area so you can take long walks on either side along the beach or on the street and actually meet the people living here. The food can be boring after a few days and I would suggest visiting the many restaurants outside the hotel from time to time. Contrary to Boca Chica, Juan Dolio is relatively calm. The downside maybe the construction projects going on; they are building everywhere and noise and dust are present. Nevertheless it is a wonderful place to be.

domingodeb

Feb 18, 2008
Jd

Costa Caribe is OK. Eat at the specialty restaurants as much as possible, they are much better than the buffet. There is some good staff. Check-in is the weakest area of service. If you arrive early in the day, don't plan on being in a room until after 3pm. Ask for a room close to the beach, or on the beach side of the road. They are much better. If you want to venture out for dinner, try Aura in Old Juan Dolio (right down the same road the hotel is on towards Santo Domingo). It is magnificent, a little pricey but worth it.
Hope you enjoy your trip. I would love a report when you return. You can PM me.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Costa Caribe is OK. Eat at the specialty restaurants as much as possible, they are much better than the buffet. There is some good staff. Check-in is the weakest area of service. If you arrive early in the day, don't plan on being in a room until after 3pm. Ask for a room close to the beach, or on the beach side of the road. They are much better. If you want to venture out for dinner, try Aura in Old Juan Dolio (right down the same road the hotel is on towards Santo Domingo). It is magnificent, a little pricey but worth it.
Hope you enjoy your trip. I would love a report when you return. You can PM me.

Hey Deb--so you liked my suggestion? Were you able to easily find it by walking down the beach (I've only driven up from the Blvd). Magnificent is the perfect description...full of ambiance and great food (but as we agreed, pricey.)

domingodeb

Feb 18, 2008
Aura

Hey Chris.
I actually drove down the road to it. I would think that by beach it would be pretty hard to miss it though. When you all of a sudden hit all the beautiful beds and swings and couches etc. with white flowing cotton just set out on the beach you would know you had arrived.
Thanks so much to you and MommC for the suggestion. I was very impressed.