Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plan to travel the states for one year, want to install cameras in dr

Post Thanks / Like

Question Plan to travel the states for one year, want to install cameras in dr

Hello there, I got a question:
    I'm planning to be in the States for about one year, but I want to keep an eye to my property in the DR
    (in the Capital)...does anybody knows any internet service / surveillance system where I can see my property
    from US, In my Iphone 6?

I am not familiar with this area in Santo Domingo, and the property will be likely closed for that period of time.

Any suggestion please?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas9911 View Post
    I'm planning to be in the States for about one year, but I want to keep an eye to my property in the DR
    (in the Capital)...does anybody knows any internet service / surveillance system where I can see my property
    from US, In my Iphone 6?

I am not familiar with this area in Santo Domingo, and the property will be likely closed for that period of time.

Any suggestion please?
    I have been told that Claro has a service where you can monitor your security cameras on your cell phone. Might be worth checking into.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We just had an alarm system installed at our house, and there was an option for cameras that could be viewed online from anywhere. Mr. AE is away for the day, I'll get the name & number of the company for you this afternoon. They're in Santo Domingo. His brother hired them for us after getting recommendations and several price quotes.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

from US, In my Iphone 6?

Any suggestion please?
    As long as you have internet with a computer connected and the security cameras on property routed through the computer, you can view and even operate the computer left in the DR from another computer via "log me in".com
    All of our companies water and wastewater plants use this software, so we have access to every plant from anywhere in the world. FYI, small, cheap internet computers work well for the one (virtual machine) you leave connected in your DR home.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

from US, In my Iphone 6?

Any suggestion please?
    First of all what type of property is this. Is it an apartment? Is it ground floor? Need more info.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    As long as you have internet with a computer connected and the security cameras on property routed through the computer, you can view and even operate the computer left in the DR from another computer via "log me in".com
    All of our companies water and wastewater plants use this software, so we have access to every plant from anywhere in the world. FYI, small, cheap internet computers work well for the one (virtual machine) you leave connected in your DR home.
    for a DR based home,
    just make sure that the lil computer at the place is a 100% backuped by enough electrical power and safe against lightnings etc, to stay 100% on all the time.
    one power out of your PC and you need to "come home" to turn it back on to get access to your cameras.
    you don't need a modern expensive high power computer for that, the softwares are not big memory requiring thingies,
    a Laptop is a good solution, in case the power is out for longer than your installed inverter system could cover, you still have some extra hours on the laptop battery to stay connected til the power comes back.

Mike

7. Likes jstarebel, AbbyR liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you leave a private home alone for one year cameras will not help you. Get someone you trust to stay there if you can. Unless you are in a gated community with good security.

9. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"WHY"??????????????????
    It will stop no one.
    It will "Catch"no one.
    You just wanna watch your home being robbed?????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "WHY"??????????????????
    It will stop no one.
    It will "Catch"no one.
    You just wanna watch your home being robbed?????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Precisely why we didn't do it. We instead have two ear-shattering sirens. First time the alarm went off our maid and the alcalde went over to the house immediately [they live close by], and she said it was so loud that she felt it in her heart.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We use the "Papimatico" alarm system.
    My father-in-law, or I, am ALWAYS home.20 years no thefts, except "Inside Jobs" of course!!!!!
    We missed my 18 year old son's "AI" weekend birthday celebration at the beach this weekend!!!
    My HUGE dogs don't hurt either!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

13. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast