Shipping back to US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbyR

Sep 6, 2013
Hello,

We've been living here in the DR for 2 1/2 years now and there is a chance that we may move back to the US soon. Is there a reasonable way to ship things to the US?

Anything I've looked into will cost more than my items are worth and it looks like I should just sell everything here and purchase again in the US. I have a crib, dresser, rocking chair and other small items that I would like to take back with me if the price is right.

Does anyone know of a service I could use and what it might cost?

TIA!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nobody came up with a good answer for this. I imagine you will be selling everything.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello,

We've been living here in the DR for 2 1/2 years now and there is a chance that we may move back to the US soon. Is there a reasonable way to ship things to the US?

Anything I've looked into will cost more than my items are worth and it looks like I should just sell everything here and purchase again in the US. I have a crib, dresser, rocking chair and other small items that I would like to take back with me if the price is right.

Does anyone know of a service I could use and what it might cost?

TIA!

you could `probably buy that stuff in a yard sale in the US for half the money it would cost you to transport it to the wharf.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That's what I thought... Thanks for the help!!!

You're welcome. This comes up over and over and there just doesn't seem to be a reasonable way to do it. You can take out a classified ad here on DR1 for [I think] $20 for a month, load up the photos and then start a thread to link to it.

Best of luck.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.