anti-termite treatments

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I'm shipping in the contents of my US house to Sosua. Most of the furniture is oak and I'm not worried about it, but there is some chestnut and cherry and pine. My shipper assures me there is an anti-termite oil I can buy at pretty much any ferreteria.

I know I've seen this topic before. Can someone direct me to that thread? Many thanks.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My house in Florida was on 2 acres of tall oak trees (Type unknown), there was lot's of termite eaten branches on the ground. So like Windeguy posted, it all depends on the type of oak your furniture is made from.

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
I'm shipping in the contents of my US house to Sosua. Most of the furniture is oak and I'm not worried about it, but there is some chestnut and cherry and pine. My shipper assures me there is an anti-termite oil I can buy at pretty much any ferreteria.

I know I've seen this topic before. Can someone direct me to that thread? Many thanks.

There are lots of sub terrainian termites here so I suggest you consider treating the home in advance of bringing the furniture. If in the SDQ area as far out as bonao I suggest Terminex. The owner Mr. Kunhardt runs a reputable business. I had him treat our home 6 years ago and a few months after the 3 year guarantee we had a small flair up after bringing in a piece of furniture that was infested. He honored the guarantee despite it being beyond the term and eradicated all. OOPS! just noticed you said Sosua. Anyhow.....I still suggest a quote on treating the property in advance.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It's very old New England oak. It's a dresser that was my great grandmother's that I laboriously refinished many years ago.

My pride & joy piece of furniture was an antique oak roll top desk and when we moved here we were advised it would be devoured. Friends back home are enjoying the desk and we took photos. Maybe to keep it intact you need to make the same decision.

loise123

Aug 29, 2017
Hello..
Does anyone give me some suggestion about anti-termite treatment or give me some information about anti-termite services to protect plants and trees.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
It's very old New England oak. It's a dresser that was my great grandmother's that I laboriously refinished many years ago.

Dominican termites do not discriminate. They will consume your valuable piece in a couple of years.