Starting Dive Shop In Santo Domingo

dean

Jan 15, 2002
---
HI THERE...
MY NAME IS DEAN...I AM FROM CROATIA AND WHAT I DO FOR LIVING IS SCUBA DIVING...LAST FOUR MONTHS I HAVE SPEND ALL AROUND DOM.REPUBLIC,MOSTLY DIVING AND LEARNING ABOUT DIVING BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY...WHAT I HAVE FIND OUT IS THAT ALMOST ALL DIVE OPERATIONS ARE CONCENTRATED ON TURISTS AND DOING BUSINESS WITH HOTELS,(which is o.k.,as long as its generates profits...),BUT WHAT AM I INTERESTED IN IS DOING THE SAME(DIVING) OPERATIONS WITH LOCAL PEOPLE HERE IN SANTO DOMINGO...AS FAR AS I KNOW,THERE IS ONLY ONE CENTRE THAT IS DOING THIS (Gus Dive Centre),...SO ,WHAT DO YOU THINK, WHAT ARE MY CHANCES TO SUCCEED IN OFFERING TO THE LOCAL MARKET SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND ON EVERY CORNER...???SOMETHING UNUSUAL..???HOW DO DOMINICANS RESPONDE TO NEW THINGS AND HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THERE IS AN INTEREST WITHIN THE LOCAL MARKET FOR THIS TYPE OF SERVICE...???
ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME...LOCAL DIVERS,DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME...MAYBE WE CAN OFFER AND ORGANIZE THE TOP QUALITY DIVE OPERATION RIGHT HERE, IN SANTO DOMINGO
BEST REGARDS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY,Dean!!!

E-mail:deansubat@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Dean,
It is in my opinion that most of the Dominicans who dive are quite affluent. So they usually have their own boat or a friend who does.
Plus don't discount the attitude. "what?" "Have somebody show me where to dive?"
The Dive shop I use to frequent made money from equipement sales and Air. Most of the trips they organized were for Foreign Medical students. With that resource now all gone I doubt their will be a market for What you want. But I could be wrong. I suggest you hit the Club Nautico in Boca Chica and ask around.

Tony