Help distribute donated medical equipment

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
spincad.gif

I need some help connecting with medical professionals, hospital administrators, or some charity organizationin the DR.

I have a bunch (50-100...I haven't counted yet) of surplused tympanic thermometers. They are the "pistol" style that reads core temperature from the ear in 3 seconds and protects the medical professional from body fluid encounter. Manufactured by IVAC, the CORE series thermometer sells used on the net for $125 each and the disposable covers are $70 per thousand (i have a bunch of those too). They run on std. 9-volt battery.

I'm happy to pop for the freight, but I want to be sure that they will continue to be given away. I don't want them in the hands of someone who will try to resell them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Failing any better suggestions you may get Kuda, I will gladly visit the local hoapitals & issue these out to the doctors personally - one for each doctor & NO "can I have one for my friend??"

I live in Puerto Plata & we have one public hospital, a few clinics for the poorer needy & several larger, private hospitals. I have some contacts in these & will go down one day & see each of the doctors to deliver the thermometers ' Into the DOCTOR's hands'.
Let me know if I can help & I will send you a delivery address! Thanks for thinking of us - Grahame Bush.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I could do the same in Santiago

We have a teaching hospital and a children's hospital...

I think that ECH, MD sould use some too....They wouldn't be too hard to get to the right people..
this is a wonderful thing. Just imagine! Some of our MDs using the techniques we see on ER!

HB

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you Grahame and HB

Grahame, please send me your address information. You can reach me at K_Moorhead@hotmail.com.

HB, I already have ECH's e-mail address (I'm still working on his list from late last year). I'll contact him directly as he seems to have fallen of the boards.

Again..much appreciated. Anyone else that might have reputable contacts, please respond here.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Re: bringing medical supplies to the DR.

Por what it is worth, it is our experience that it is imperative that you bring the articles directly to the pharmacist /doctor inthe hospital, as corruption unfortunately is rife. `There is a huge need for all hospital supplies here. Canadian Bob

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you, Canadian Bob for your advice

Regretfully, I'm not in the position of making such a trip. Thus, my post for assistance.

I've been hanging out on this board for some time and I am quite confident that the people known as Bushbaby, Hillbilly, and ECH are highly respected in their communities. I can sort of "see into their hearts" by reading their thoughtful and helpful posts.

Could I be duped? Yes, but I'm willing to take that chance.

This is the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. I'm in the process of creating a non-profit corporation that will allow me to increase the volume and frequency of these donations. Anyone that takes advantage will be doing themselves and their community a great disservice. I will be following up.

My thanks to all.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
KUDA, would you please e-mail me?

i would appreciate an email so we can put down some facts on this.

HB