Hotels In Puerto Plata

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I am interested in the best hotel in Puerto Plata which is not an All Inculsive. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Please include location, proximity to beach, pool, rates etc.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Puerto Plata

I wouldn't stay in Puerto Plata proper for all the tea in china! All the sugar cane in the DR! All the...hehe

Honestly, you need to look at Cabarete/Sosua if you want to go non-inclusive on the north coast near Puerto Plata. If you want something a bit further out, Samana is fanTAStic, especially this time of year.

What are you looking to do while here? What is important to you in a vacation (or are you here on business).

marc

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hotels in the region

I understand that you can go to any of the hotels and not get the all inclusive package. i would check woth your travel agent about this option.
My son loves the Ibero Star in POP. I like the Dorado Club (formerly the Dorado NACO) . One of my good friends likes the Gran Ventana.
Of course there are lots of places in Cabarete and Sosua that are not All Inclusive and they would love to have you stay there.

HB

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Non-inclusives

Not sure if you can go non-inclusive at these hotels since you need a bracelet to even walk into the hotel to have a look. The trouble with this option (if available) is that you have to take a taxi everytime you want to eat something if you are staying at the Iberostar or Coral Marien.

These are great hotels, however.
marc

ed schroeder

Jan 15, 2002
Mcinbrass said:
I am interested in the best hotel in Puerto Plata which is not an All Inculsive. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Please include location, proximity to beach, pool, rates etc.

I too am going to Puerta Plata. I have planned to go to the Paradise Beach Club. I understand that it has an all inclusive policy of $300US per week. Does anyone know anything about this resort? Is the $300 worth it? An ols review said that there was a lot of nudity which might make Americans nervous. True?