On the Alter of our Motherland A MaxxJaxx Trivia Question

MaxxJaxx

Almost Silver...
Jan 1, 2002
On Older 20, 50 peso notes and on the newer 10 peso notes there is a Picture of an alter and the saying "Altar De La Patria" which I translate to mean the "The altar of our Country".

Our we to be like little sheep and be sacrificed on the Alter of our Country?

Our we to defend the Altar?

What is the significance of this saying and monument?

Maxx

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"MAXX"

It is an alter for "sacrificing" people who don,t know the differance between "our",and "are"! As in,Are(OUR) we to be like little sheep?and,Are(OUR)we to defend? How is the "POLE" going? Criss Sorry,I meam "POLL"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I "NEW" that, I "NEW" that!

Chris,watt is rong with ewe? I knew that! Dew ewe alweighs half to be write?Let me make a fool of myself,myself! You our a NO-it-awl! Your Fiend Criss Colon

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are probably better answers, but

This is somewhat like the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or Kennedy's Tomb at Arlington.
There is an eternal flame, symbolizing Liberty. The Altar represents those heros that died to get the country's independence.

This monument used to be right in front of Conde Street, but in one of Balaguer's remodeling sprees, it was put in the middle of the park.

that is why it is called the Independence Park...

HB

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Clinton School of Grammar

I hope I can stop laughing by the time I have to get to court tomorrow. Probably your best Criss. Indeed you killed two birds with one stone there.