Food for Thought?? Recommended list of Dominican Lawyers!

T

TiberiusMineola

I'm an American who has been living in La Republica for 5 + years; I've heard many foreigners complain, usually loudly, about their dealings & the fees of Dominican lawyers; secondly, about the near impossibility for a foreigner to deal rationally with the Dominican legal systems. SUGGESTION: create a seperate area in this Forum - Legal' where foreigners would be invited to describe their positive experiences - financial & functional - with specific Dominican attorneys; including giving the name address, & phone # of the specific attorney; together with info on what foreign language the attorney speaks, if any. I think that reputable, honest, conscientious Dominican attorneys who treat foreigners fairly should be recognized, praised, be able to attract new foreign clients, &, of course, more fees - income. What do we foreigners have to lose? Won't both attorney & client gain?
The reporting of negative experiences? with the names of the [numerous] attorneys? a subject for another day! Thank you.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Tell the truth is all

Nothing wrong with posting truthful experiences as long as they are factual and not just someone spouting off because a case or transaction did not go their way

Janice

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Don't do it unless you are prepared to defend yourself in a libel suit. If you are ready, be factual and precise.

In any case, my suggestion is that it should be preceded by a formal complaint to the Dominican College of Attorneys or the Supreme Court of Justice in case of Notaries. Drafting a complaint or having somebody (another attorney) draft it for you will force you to be factual and precise.

Also, remember that in every fight there is a losing side. Not always is the loss due to your attorney's negligence.