Dominican Republic at Epcot / Disneyworld

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican Republic: 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

After a hiatus since 2007, the Dominican Republic Food and Wine Festival booth is BACK in 2015 with a taste of this cuisine from this Caribbean Island nation!

2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Dominican Republic Booth Menu
Lechon Asado: Roasted Pork with Mangu, Pickled Red Onions and Avocado
Souffle de Yuca: Yuca Souffle topped with Griddled Cheese
Pescado con Coco: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice, and Coconut Sauce
Caramel Flan with Roasted Pineapple
Presidente Beer
Frozen Dominican Pina Colada Featuring Don Barcelo Blanco Rum
Frozen Sugar Cane Cocktail Featuring Don Barcelo Blanco Rum

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/dominican-republic-2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is part of this unique attraction/ food booth having the attendant over charging or short changing the customer?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The over-charging is standard at the venue, so they have to come up with something else.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Disneyland / Walt Disney World are the "Fort Knox's" of the entertainment community.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Once a year they have the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, it starts end of Sept. DR is participating for the first time in a long time.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The over-charging is standard at the venue, so they have to come up with something else.

They can't be as bad as these bastards in Gurabo. By far the worst place on the island for trying to double or triple charge.

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
I imagine if this was authentic it would have some skankies, putas with stretch marked scarred bodies, stray doggies, a sleeping security guard, a birth certificate that makes you 5 years younger after a round in the batting cage, and a drunk fool on a motoconcho driving crazy thru the whole exhibit. Oh and the power cuts out every few hours. There is also a tube ride to the Puerto Rico exhibit thru some rapids

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DR's tourism ministry should try to get Disney to add a DR theme in its Epcot park. For those that have never been there, Epcot Center consist of an area focused on 'futuristic' stuff (the giant golf ball -I know its not meant to be a golf ball, but look at it- is in the center of this area). Then there are different areas around a lake with different international themes. If I remember correctly, there's an area that represents Japan and I can't remember the other countries represented. I always thought the DR could be represented there with a small mock Alcazar de Colon, a mock Monumento de la Restauraci?n, a mock Fortaleza San Felipe, a mock Basilica of Altagracia and a few other places. It could function not just to entertain Epcot Visitors, but also to ignite their curiosity about visiting the DR in the future. The sheer number of people, and from around the world, that visit Epcot on a daily basis is enough to give the DR exposure even to people that live in countries not normally targeted by Dominican tourism ads/resort package points of sales.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Wow! Nice to see the delicious Dominican cuisine represented once again! It is also a healthy, inexpensive and easy to prepare cuisine for those of us that are frightened of Ronald McDonald.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Our daughter is at Epcot with her husband and our grandsons, sending me photos of the Dominican Republic Food and Wine Festival booth. She says there is Dominican music playing, people are dancing, and lots of Dominicans are there.

12112310_10207944082579151_9144687007365383491_n.jpg

12144799_10207944082899159_449349622931790524_n.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
DR's tourism ministry should try to get Disney to add a DR theme in its Epcot park. For those that have never been there, Epcot Center consist of an area focused on 'futuristic' stuff (the giant golf ball -I know its not meant to be a golf ball, but look at it- is in the center of this area). Then there are different areas around a lake with different international themes. If I remember correctly, there's an area that represents Japan and I can't remember the other countries represented. I always thought the DR could be represented there with a small mock Alcazar de Colon, a mock Monumento de la Restauraci?n, a mock Fortaleza San Felipe, a mock Basilica of Altagracia and a few other places. It could function not just to entertain Epcot Visitors, but also to ignite their curiosity about visiting the DR in the future. The sheer number of people, and from around the world, that visit Epcot on a daily basis is enough to give the DR exposure even to people that live in countries not normally targeted by Dominican tourism ads/resort package points of sales.

Sort of like Mini-Europe in Brussels.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
$3.50 for a Presidente not too bad for Disney. I think it is more expensive at the Barcelo Dominican Beach gift shop.