From Santiago airport to La Vega

Julian1

Jul 26, 2015
Boca Chica
What options do I have ????

I am flying into Santiago Airport around Midday
I need to get to La Vega in the Quinto Patio area

Also Is this Pegasus hotel in that area ok for a two day stay ???

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is a "hot bed" motel, not a hotel. There is a fine hotel just a few minutes from the airport going towards Santiago...The Hodelpa Something or Other.

It used to be a Marriott, and has a nice pool..very comfortable, IMO.

Depending on what time you get there and how much luggage you have:
Hire a vehicle right there at the airport---not a lot of money--La Vega is maybe a 20 minute drive.
Go into Santiago (either by publico or taxi...both are available...again depending on your luggage situation; then get to the
Quinto Patio bus line at the corner of Sabana Larga and Restauraci?n...easy to get to.
Perhaps most radical: Go to that Hodelpa hotel, drop off you luggage, walk across the highway (at your risk..be very careful) and wave down
one of those "Quinto Patio" buses. Worth a shot.

Hope you know Spanish.

HB

Julian1

Jul 26, 2015
Boca Chica
I will have only Backpack and a small bag but looking to stay in the Quinto Patio area for the night ... Do you have a good suggestion for a hotel in or close to Quinto Patio area I leave next day for Capital I arrive STI about 1230 I Pm latest in the daylight hours .. Thanks again

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I don't know where Quinto Patio is in relation to the center of La Vega, but there's a nice hotel around $50 a night in La Vega called Hotel El Rey. I don't think they have a website, but you can book it through booking.com, etc.

A taxi from the airport should not be too expensive, I would guess under $20. The fare should be posted at the airport, if not you can talk to the taxi's dispatcher to get the exact price.

Apr 7, 2014
What options do I have ????

I am flying into Santiago Airport around Midday
I need to get to La Vega in the Quinto Patio area

Also Is this Pegasus hotel in that area ok for a two day stay ???

Thanks in advance for suggestions
Take a taxi from the airport to the Quinto Piso busstop. They have a bus departing every hour.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong