Firefox and posting/replying on the forum

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
For the last several months when using Firefox to create a post/reply on Dr1 and other forum sites the cursor continues to the right and does not CR (Carriage Return) to the next line like it did a few months ago. The line just moves to the left and typing continues on the right hand side.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

With this problem, and also Windows 10 problems it has been difficult to get posts/replies written correctly.

Also have the problem when using the laptop of the cursor suddenly going to a different spot then where I am typing. I don't always notice the mistake.

Windows Explorer does not have these problems, I prefer to use Firefox.

Thanks

May 5, 2007
For the last several months when using Firefox to create a post/reply on Dr1 and other forum sites the cursor continues to the right and does not CR (Carriage Return) to the next line like it did a few months ago. The line just moves to the left and typing continues on the right hand side.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

With this problem, and also Windows 10 problems it has been difficult to get posts/replies written correctly.

Also have the problem when using the laptop of the cursor suddenly going to a different spot then where I am typing. I don't always notice the mistake.

Windows Explorer does not have these problems, I prefer to use Firefox.

Thanks

Same here but I'm always told "It's on my end" so I said the heck with it and my posts look funny (ier)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I've had the same thing happening. Sometimes I ignore it (and the posts look okay) and sometimes I hit the return key when I feel it is right. On this post I just let it run, and I am pretty sure that it will look normal. It is good to know that there was a solution. Thanks for that.

HB

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
same problem here, I thought it was just me.
and since yesterday it logs me out every 30 s or something and I have to login every time again...
i dont use private mode so dont know why it's like that

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can someone take my hand and guide me through the process to get the pre-wrap to work??? Please?

HB

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Can someone take my hand and guide me through the process to get the pre-wrap to work??? Please?

HB

In the reply box, right click and then choose "Inspect Element(Q).
In the box on the right hand side scroll down underneath element until you see the check box for white-space.
It should say pre-wrap;
If it doesn't, click on the word pre and you will be able to edit.
You can now close the box.
As I understand, this is only a temporary fix. You need to do this with every post you make on the forums. Apparently this started with Firefox v36 and is ongoing. I am being asked to update to current version which is 40. Perhaps it will be fixed soon.

Edit to add, I just posted this and tested a reply in another thread and the wrap has disappeared. Has disappeared in this one as well, so you will have to do the inspect element every time you wish to post if you are bothered by the disappearing wrap issue.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Browser issue "your side". That's why some people have the problem and others don't.

I'm on a Mac and cannot see the issue on either Chrome (Version 45.0.2454.93 / 64bit) or Safari (Version 9.0 - 11601.1.56)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Mo....I suppose I can live with it, although it is disconcerting to watch the line going on and on and on.....

HB

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Browser issue "your side". That's why some people have the problem and others don't.

I'm on a Mac and cannot see the issue on either Chrome (Version 45.0.2454.93 / 64bit) or Safari (Version 9.0 - 11601.1.56)

Yep, exactly.

Also Internet Explorer gives no problems, so it?s definitely FF issue. Unfortunately FF is the one I prefer to use in Windows... Like many others I suppose...

What I have sometimes done, is that I browse DR1 with FF, and when I want to respond, I go to Chrome/IE, works perfectly, hopefully FF will come with a permanent fix though...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
running windows 10 acer laptop using Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116 have the same problem with no rap on the lines. have never used foxfire have not tried Edge , inspected the element and all say white-space:nowrap.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
running windows 10 acer laptop using Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116 have the same problem with no rap on the lines. have never used foxfire have not tried Edge , inspected the element and all say white-space:nowrap.

Join the club, I've had it happening recently, running Chrome on a MacBook Pro. Aggravating.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have recently discovered, this is a style template issue, relating to the style we are using that was broken when we updated vBulletin at some stage.
Going to see if I can get someone to fix the style so the text will wrap again.