Sending package from boca chica to USA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flguy

Mar 12, 2015
Hello all, dunno if yall remember me but I posted like a year ago asking about boca chica. Thank you for all the info, and I've been using the search function on the site to answer most of my questions since then. Anyhow I'm here in boca chica now and having an awesome time!!! I have seen some artwork that I'm interested in on duarte, but I'm not sure how id get it home to the USA with me. I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything on this topic. I flew via spirit airlines and they charge you a lot extra for checked bags aswell as carry on so I don't want to bring it on the plane with me. I'm wondering about how much it'd be to send it back to florida in the mail or something. Also where is a post office or a place similar to like a ups store. Off to have some presidentes, Thank you!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We bought some art in DR some years back. We removed the canvases from the wood frame, and rolled them up. When we got home, we took them to a framer and all was well.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well i bought a small artwork and included it in my suitcase...all well as well...

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
The post office in Boca Chica is located on Duarte Street. If you know where the Western Union
Office is the p.o. is across the street. Another landmark would be the Farmacia Boca Chica which
is just next door to the p.o. I have mailed letters and greeting cards from the Dominican Republic
and ALL were delivered to the addressees; I have not sent package mail. If you flag down a UPS
driver ask him about using their services, I'll bet it would be much more reasonable to pay the
carry-on charge at Sprit.

Flguy

Mar 12, 2015
Thanks for all the info. Rolling it up is probably the way I'm gonna go, I didn't even think of that lol. Pretty sure I can make it fit if I remove it from the wooden frame. If not I guess I'll just pay the fee. I didn't really feel like taking the time to package it up anyways, 2 many other things to do. Have a nice day and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.