Juan Dolio

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hi guys,

Its bee a while since ive been here.

The wife and I are coming back to the DR and will be staying in a villa just outside of Juan Dolio.

Can anyone tell me if there is a 24 hour medical centre there - just in case.

Thanks

Wishingiwasthere - will be there this time next week!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
There is a 24 hours clinic in New Juan Dolio, just around the corner from the Plaza Real, past the restaurants and around to the left. Pretty good to me, expensive but I guess you'll have insurance.

egonvw

Jan 12, 2011
Hi guys,

Its bee a while since ive been here.

The wife and I are coming back to the DR and will be staying in a villa just outside of Juan Dolio.

Can anyone tell me if there is a 24 hour medical centre there - just in case.

Thanks

Wishingiwasthere - will be there this time next week!

the clinic is called "galmedical international" tel: 8095262044, e-mail: galmedical_inter@yahoo.com.
located in new juan dolio. going east, the street just before julia's cafe. make a left and then apprx 50m on the left.
will be in jd oct 2 for 2 month.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Thanks

Well Thank you.

Interested in hearing our impressions - well, im happy to feed back to the group when we return - yes we have insurance - but of course we plan for the worst and hope for the best.

The wife and I know Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cab and have ventured to Samana, LT and LG and have visited Santiago a number of times.

This is our first time to the South.

Landing in PUJ, hire car and drive to JD.

We have a fair understanding of how things work on the North Coast, I assume things cant be too different on the south.

Once again, thanks for your help.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Well Thank you.

Interested in hearing our impressions - well, im happy to feed back to the group when we return - yes we have insurance - but of course we plan for the worst and hope for the best.

The wife and I know Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cab and have ventured to Samana, LT and LG and have visited Santiago a number of times.

This is our first time to the South.

Landing in PUJ, hire car and drive to JD.

We have a fair understanding of how things work on the North Coast, I assume things cant be too different on the south.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Go to Guilla's Cafe on Calle Blvd. in Juan Dolio. Locals and expats hang around there. You can get lots of the info on the area that you want to know.
Enjoy!

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
There are two now one as described, the other near the entrance to the old Barcel? Capella, close to the Faro Supermercado just around the corner from the Momas Bar. In that little mall with the pharmacy and the hair salon.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Here in San Pedro people says the best is Centro Medico Macorix its in Amiama Ti? ave. close to Jumbo Supermarket.

For your stay dont forget to visit Cuevas de las Maravillas, very nice caves and is not too far from Juan Dolio, you will see it in your way to Juan Dolio, also visit Santo Domingo.

As you will be staying in a Villa better come to buy food in San Pedro, will be cheaper than buying in Juan Dolio, over there all is arround 0.75 dollars cents over the regular price in San Pedro and if you will make big purchase you will save a lot money even you have to pay a taxi or spend money in gas.

Im curious to know where are you coming from that you are landing in PUJ, if you are coming from USA or Europe Santo Domingo airport is closer to Juan Dolio, if you are coming from Canada then I understand why you are landing in PUJ.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Last time I was there I can report the following new interests. 1. Chili Bar next to Plaza Real. Fri Sat night live classic Rock and Roll well played by US musicians. 2. Barcel? Capella is closed and under new construction. The most of it can be seen from Juan Dolio BLVD. 3. Neptuno Dive Center has moved from the Barcello Capella to Boca Chica. 4. A Spanish Bank has moved into the office formerly occupied by Juan Dolio EPS which is now closed. 5. The cigar club has moved from the side street near Giulias to across the street from La Brisa restaurant near the Banco Popular. Much improved. Also there is some other new developments going on in that large lot.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
what is going on with the cappella property..heard hemingway purchased it..but it appears nothing is going on..

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
In October I went by, there is plenty of construction going on visible from Juan Dolio Blvd the area north of the Barcel? Capella. To me looks like a condo complex dark and light gray two story buildings. The whole area is deforested and cleared to level earth so either more buildings or a parking lot. Nope not idle at all from what I saw.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
no commentary lately on juan dolio....any updates on new construction ....any activity with the pinewood studios??:laugh::laugh:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
no commentary lately on juan dolio....any updates on new construction ....any activity with the pinewood studios??:laugh::laugh:

Read post#11 for recent changes. The Pinewood Studio website is up and active. Check it out.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Read post#11 for recent changes. The Pinewood Studio website is up and active. Check it out.

Many changes.
Capella to be converted to condo/residences towers, private housing, and a hotel.

The Talanquera property converted to Emotions- a Hodelpa property- very nicely finished and upgraded to AAA standards.

Metro's Garden Hotel and Suites- Hodelpa property, also rehabbed, updates, AA points, lots of nice details and busy.

5th Phase of Metro Country Club- Michael Lee Chin (Barbados Portland Private Equity) property investments with MCC- bolt
on to the existing Metro with a total of 450 new homes, lots with soccer field/tennis sports pavillion ... underway.

New Plaza development across from Banco Popular- great restaurants, lively activity, cigar bar... nice.

Alot more coming...

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
My favorite thing about Juan Dolio is just saying it. With my best attention to accent.