New Member Looking for Inexpensive Rental in Caribe Campo for 3 months

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
Thank you for these forums.

As a bit of an introduction I am a 70 yo woman from Canada who was given a Christmas present last year by one of my children of a one week trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law in their home in Sosua. I have not travelled in many, many years and quite frankly was terrified at the thoughts of the whole thing, especially when I found out that I had to sleep over in New Jersey on the way.

Long story short, I arrived safely, fell in love with the place, and stayed for nine weeks in my brother's (other) newly renovated condo, beside theirs. I am anxious to come back again this winter but will need to pay my own fare this year and find a place to rent, since his other condo is now rented out permanently. I've been selling things like crazy to save the money.

I'd like to come from Jan 19 to Apr 18. I need a place in the Caribe Campo complex since I will be eating meals with my brother and sister-in-law, and I'd prefer something on the ground floor if at all possible.

Money is of the essence. I am just on a widow's pension, but I can be content with very little. I have seen places for as little as $250 US/mo. I could afford that or possibly up to $300 US/mo. I do need a place that is clean, smoke-free, and has an inverter, and access to high speed internet.

If you hear of anything I would appreciate it if you would contact me.

I will need to see pictures before committing to anything.

Many thanks for this wonderful resource!
Mary Pearson

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thank you for these forums.

As a bit of an introduction I am a 70 yo woman from Canada who was given a Christmas present last year by one of my children of a one week trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law in their home in Sosua. I have not travelled in many, many years and quite frankly was terrified at the thoughts of the whole thing, especially when I found out that I had to sleep over in New Jersey on the way.

Long story short, I arrived safely, fell in love with the place, and stayed for nine weeks in my brother's (other) newly renovated condo, beside theirs. I am anxious to come back again this winter but will need to pay my own fare this year and find a place to rent, since his other condo is now rented out permanently. I've been selling things like crazy to save the money.

I'd like to come from Jan 19 to Apr 18. I need a place in the Caribe Campo complex since I will be eating meals with my brother and sister-in-law, and I'd prefer something on the ground floor if at all possible.

Money is of the essence. I am just on a widow's pension, but I can be content with very little. I have seen places for as little as $250 US/mo. I could afford that or possibly up to $300 US/mo. I do need a place that is clean, smoke-free, and has an inverter, and access to high speed internet.

If you hear of anything I would appreciate it if you would contact me.

I will need to see pictures before committing to anything.

Many thanks for this wonderful resource!
Mary Pearson

the thought of having to sleep in New Jersey will terrify the most adventurous of souls.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mary,
both Air Canada and WestJet fly to Pto Plata.... almost every day for your schedule

saves you the layover.... 4 hr flight - direct

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
Thank you so much Alter. ;-) I just bought my tickets this morning. It is now confirmed that I am coming on Dec 3 till April 18. Looking forward to it.

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
Thank you everyone for your very warm welcome! Yes, I am flying WestJet with no stopovers, and bonus, I will be on the same flight as my brother and sister-in-law. They have a stopover in Toronto on their way from Montreal, so I will join them for the remainder of their flight..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mary,
if you didn't get the direct flight from Canada,
all airlines allow free cancellation in the first 24 hrs.

I just cancelled three this morning - where I 'double booked'

Safe trip

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
Oh my, that's funny! My daughter had arranged a hotel for me so I just had to take a shuttle, and it was really quite easy, but on the way home I was stuck in a snowstorm and had to spend three days in NJ. I was very grateful that the airline put me up in a hotel. I didn't realize that they don't do that for everyone.

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
I appreciate your input William. Thank you so much! I see that the way things are posted on this forum that the reply goes under everything, not under the comment made, so it makes sense to reply as we read.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You posted as I was writing Mary....
almost simultaneously.

I saw your time line and wondered about waiting........... but I'm an impetuous type(ist)

hahaha

marypearson

Sep 25, 2015
Update on my status. I have been able to sell a few more things, family has chipped in. My budget has gone up from $250/mo to $380/mo US. If anyone knows of a unit in Caribe Campo available from Dec 3 - April 18 I'd sure appreciate it if you'd let me know. Must have inverter and good batteries.

Thanks!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
DO NOT TRUST anyone you meet on this site etc. DO NOT RENT/BUY.. pm me,
You are very welcome to stay in my guest house, RENT FREE..

Until you feel confident..

PLUS STOP POSTING YOU ARE 70yrs YOUNG. You are making yourself an easy target!

I am a woman, BUT I shoot to kill ,

This is the Caribbean, Mary, the dream of many > the sad results of...

Oh, she shouldn't trust anyone except you??? Ah...

If you read the OP, she's looking to rent in a specific place to be close to her brother. She'll have plenty of family to protect her, she doesn't need your shooting skills.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How does that go AE?

Welcome to my parlor , said the Spider to the Fly.....

If Ladybug had read she would have noticed the family..... on the same plane for arrival

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
How does that go AE?

Welcome to my parlor , said the Spider to the Fly.....

If Ladybug had read she would have noticed the family..... on the same plane for arrival

It was 2AM when the ladybug posted. Do ya think she may have been Rum Dum? :ermm: