Where is "Auto-Aire" in Bavaro? I need car aircon repair

Bavaro golfer

Aug 9, 2012
My car's aircon leaked out all its Freon again, and the every-6-month, "find+seal a leak & recharge more Freon" routine from my regular car mechanic is getting tediously repetitive & boring. My car's aircon system needs "expert" attention. I frequently see "AUTO AIRE" decals on the backs of cars, but I cannot find the "AUTO AIRE" shop in Friusa or Veron. Can anyone tell me precisely where it is? And do you have a better recommendation for competent automobile aircon repair in Bavaro (and better yet, a shop where I can avoid the "gringo" premium surcharge rate?). Thanks very much!

Apr 7, 2014
My car's aircon leaked out all its Freon again, and the every-6-month, "find+seal a leak & recharge more Freon" routine from my regular car mechanic is getting tediously repetitive & boring. My car's aircon system needs "expert" attention. I frequently see "AUTO AIRE" decals on the backs of cars, but I cannot find the "AUTO AIRE" shop in Friusa or Veron. Can anyone tell me precisely where it is? And do you have a better recommendation for competent automobile aircon repair in Bavaro (and better yet, a shop where I can avoid the "gringo" premium surcharge rate?). Thanks very much!
How old is your car? If you can it.make.to 6 months between chargeups you clearly do not have a massive leak. Most AC systems use vinyl nitrile O-rings in the systems and these are only specified.to last 10 years. So if your car is close or.past that age it may be time for new hoses(which come with new O-rings). Other items could be at fault but you would be leaking refrigerant much more rapidly than a charge up every 6 months.
There is a place in Santiago on 27 before the Sadhala interchange that makes hoses to order.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I haven't been to it but there's one in Veron that at least looks ok. When heading from Cruce de Veron towards Bavaro on the old road, it'll be on the right, less than 1km. Can't remember the name right now but you can't miss it. New-looking set-up.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
who did a good job on finding and fixing a leak(it was the seals/rings as Commander mentioned above on 2 spots and a leak in the old(14 years) devaporator(spelling??), is at RAM. right on the ole mainroad from Bavaro to Veron, RAM Service Center.
be aware, where ever you let them check your system for a leak, they put pressure on it to see where it leaks, that pressure is usually too much for the old devaporators(sp?). so it happens often, that they find your leak/leaks, they fix it and a day later you start to loose the Gas again, because the weakest points of the devaporator didn't resist the "checking-leak-search-pressure".
so to get that one fixed you need to "await" then, better to replace it by a new one, once they are many years old, as mine was, fixing will not really solve for long and is not worth the money spent on it.
the new one for my ole L200 Truck was 6.200.- pesos.

Mike