A Good Reason Why the DR Does Not Funtion Rationally

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
General, colonel smuggled 200+ guns to be drummed out

Santo Domingo.- The Interior and Police Ministry commission which investigates the smuggling of more than 200 guns from the US on Monday recommended that the Defense Ministry place Gen. Cordero Batista and Col. Manuel Guzman on forced retirement, both charged with heading a corrupt military network.

Sources close to the investigation quoted by acento.com.do also recommended disciplinary sanctions against five other officers and enlistees who worked at the Armed Forces Military Equipment Dept., during Batista?s administration.

The Interior and Police Ministry said it had recovered more than 170 Glock 9mm pistols in several gun shops in Santiago and Santo Domingo, as well as from people obtained them as third party buyers.

The Commission approved last week the definitive shuttering of the Heptagon gun shop in Santiago, owned by Guzman, through which he allegedly funneled and marketed the smuggled weapons.

these guys smuggle and distribute over 200 guns into the society, yet they RECOMMEND forced retirement for them. they should have locked them up under the jail. they will just go off into the sunset with their pensions, and set up another smuggling operation in the near future.

Sep 4, 2012
Weapons in DR, threads just keep on coming.........music to my ears!

"The Interior and Police Ministry said it had recovered more than 170 Glock 9mm pistols in several gun shops in Santiago and Santo Domingo, as well as from people obtained them as third party buyers."

Guns are a huge business regardless of geographical locations. And that Glock, a best seller anywhere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
corruption is rational. if i managed to grab the udders of power i'd sink my teeth in and suck it dry too. the most important thing is not to get caught.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Corruption becomes rational when it is so easy to get away with it. Without real penalty, there is little at risk with being corrupt.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Corruption becomes rational when it is so easy to get away with it. Without real penalty, there is little at risk with being corrupt.

you are thinking in terms of a common man. no one honest and straight ever enters the power game. the further you go the thicker the stew of lies. there is no punishment for flaws of human nature.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Forced early retirement? Love it or leave it. Wonderland indeed.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
you are thinking in terms of a common man. no one honest and straight ever enters the power game. the further you go the thicker the stew of lies. there is no punishment for flaws of human nature.

i beg to differ. my father was a two time member of the government of Jamaica. his ministry built things like the National Stadium of Jamaica. the only new car he owned in his life was a Honda Civic. he died penniless. never stole a dime of the people?s money.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
politics is a sucio game. if not for money and profit, then in the name of protecting the nation, democracy and peace on earth. to keep the party in power, to "benefit the people", which the politician can still say with stone straight face. it's a game of lies, half truths, distortion and mendacity.

ih5unk.gif

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Stay on topic please. The subject lend itself for great discussion. Thanks

The subject would be very interesting if we knew all the facts .But we have only DT reporting a small amount of the facts from a rag ..and we have assumed all the rest without information. .

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The subject would be very interesting if we knew all the facts .But we have only DT reporting a small amount of the facts from a rag ..and we have assumed all the rest without information. .

you are ridiculous. tell us what informs you that the article in DT is not accurate. give us some information you have that makes you think we have not gotten the full story. failing that, you have not made any kind of a point.

the floor is yours.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thread is cleaned up.

Once again a good topic interrupted by bickering. A lot of DR1ers are getting sick and tired of this, continue at your own risk.