View Poll Results: If PAWA Dom was to be an option, would you fly with them?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I definitely would

10 31.25%
  • I might

11 34.38%
  • I might not

2 6.25%
  • I definitely would not

8 25.00%
  • I don't know

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is PAWA Dominicana good enough for you?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about those 30 year old Douglas airplanes. After all ...... you never hear about a new Airbus airplane crashing.

2. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

A little dated but interesting to watch.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

A year ago or so.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In june 2016 I flew with PAWA to SXM, loved their service, plane seat very confortable, and amazing service on board, they give potatoe chips bigger than Jetblue ones and Chees cookies, Water, Mango Juice, Apple Juce, Coke, 7up, Black Coffee or with Cream, Brugal and Barcelo.

I got very good price on travelocity, 229.00 US$ round trip tax included.

Actually more than the 90% of the flights are on time and not record of cancelling flights only when we had a bad storm that all flights were cancelled in SDQ.

I definitly recomend PAWA. Travelocity, Kayak and Skyscanner you can find the cheapest tickets.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    In june 2016 I flew with PAWA to SXM, loved their service, plane seat very confortable, and amazing service on board, they give potatoe chips bigger than Jetblue ones and Chees cookies, Water, Mango Juice, Apple Juce, Coke, 7up, Black Coffee or with Cream, Brugal and Barcelo.

I got very good price on travelocity, 229.00 US$ round trip tax included.

Actually more than the 90% of the flights are on time and not record of cancelling flights only when we had a bad storm that all flights were cancelled in SDQ.

I definitly recomend PAWA. Travelocity, Kayak and Skyscanner you can find the cheapest tickets.
    At least you will not die on an empty stomach!!!!!

Ccccccccc

7. Likes Riva_31, DOMINCAN JOE liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Total destinations to the end of 2016

Red dots are future destinations (notice they plan to have a mini-hub at Santiago too)

According to the rumor mill, Pawa also has in plans to connect with various European airports too.

The airline seems to be having healthy growth, according to the data presented in this video.

Moderator Polls Forum

9. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

October 03 start service to San Juan (SJU) and November 16 Miami (MIA)

https://twitter.com/emiliotgonzalez/...75706895896581

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Is PAWA using DC-9's or MD-80's? Newer versions of the DC-9. Manufactured as late as 1999. Often confused with each other. Almost identical. The MD-80 is a stretched version of the DC-9.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Is PAWA using DC-9's or MD-80's? Newer versions of the DC-9. Manufactured as late as 1999. Often confused with each other. Almost identical. The MD-80 is a stretched version of the DC-9.
    They discard 1 of the 2 DC9 that they have, next year will discard the one left. They will only have MD-80's and also next year will start receiving CRJ-200 for 50 pax.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    They discard 1 of the 2 DC9 that they have, next year will discard the one left. They will only have MD-80's and also next year will start receiving CRJ-200 for 50 pax.
    The CRJ's are used by Air Canada on short haul routes. I've flown in them. Much smaller than the DC-9's and MD-80's. Smaller seats in a two per side configuration. Can't put much in the overhead bins. Other than that, they have a good record so far. One crashed in Atlantic Canada last year during a storm. Pilot approach error. Air Canada described it as a rough landing. The aircraft was in pieces. Everyone walked away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast