Is PAWA Dominicana good enough for you?

If PAWA Dom was to be an option, would you fly with them?

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The new national airline PAWA Dominicana has several weeks in operation. If they were to offer flights between the DR and the most convenient airport to the destination(s) you desire to visit or reach the DR from, would you fly on PAWA Dominicana?

A video of PAWA Dominicana landing and departing from Princess Julianna Airport in St Martin.

[video=youtube;2rnvHm81I_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnvHm81I_Y[/video]

Feb 7, 2007
If they get at least some 737s classics or A320s, not older than 15 years, and offer very competitive fares, AND fly to Central America/Colombia I might fly with them. Else, not ... I am refusing to fly 30 year old DC9s. At Delta, maybe (do they still have some or have they been all scrapped?), at PAWA, no way...

But now we will have
COPA Airlines Colombia
LAN Colombia
AVIANCA
flying BOG-PUJ
That should maintain fares to Colombia within reasonable levels

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Question for me is why pay more money and take a chance on unknown safety issues that MIGHT be present with a new Dominican carrier when I get cheaper flights and excellent service with Insel which offers direct flights from SXM to SDQ with an excellent safety record.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They are offering 2 for the price of one tickets till the end of Oct.
One traveler gets to die for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
They are offering 2 for the price of one tickets till the end of Oct.
One traveler gets to die for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Gabriela won the insel lottery last trip so We've already got the 2 for 1 covered, and we will both get to live!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
New or old, one thing everyone can agree on is that these are very handsome looking planes.

Photos courtesy of Manuel N??ez, taken at Las Am?ricas Airport.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The founders and owners of this airline also have a very good track record managing an airline in Venezuela.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
New or old, one thing everyone can agree on is that these are very handsome looking planes.

Photos courtesy of Manuel N??ez, taken at Las Am?ricas Airport.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The founders and owners of this airline also have a very good track record managing an airline in Venezuela.

That plane is soooooold,i old t's engines burn wood.!!!
And that's high as it flies!.!!
Cccc
Venezuela??????
Now there's a great recommendation!!!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Don't know about those 30 year old Douglas airplanes. After all ...... you never hear about a new Airbus airplane crashing.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A little dated but interesting to watch.

[video=youtube_share;YAg-WauGrLU]https://youtu.be/YAg-WauGrLU[/video]

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
In june 2016 I flew with PAWA to SXM, loved their service, plane seat very confortable, and amazing service on board, they give potatoe chips bigger than Jetblue ones and Chees cookies, Water, Mango Juice, Apple Juce, Coke, 7up, Black Coffee or with Cream, Brugal and Barcelo.

I got very good price on travelocity, 229.00 US$ round trip tax included.

Actually more than the 90% of the flights are on time and not record of cancelling flights only when we had a bad storm that all flights were cancelled in SDQ.

I definitly recomend PAWA. Travelocity, Kayak and Skyscanner you can find the cheapest tickets.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In june 2016 I flew with PAWA to SXM, loved their service, plane seat very confortable, and amazing service on board, they give potatoe chips bigger than Jetblue ones and Chees cookies, Water, Mango Juice, Apple Juce, Coke, 7up, Black Coffee or with Cream, Brugal and Barcelo.

I got very good price on travelocity, 229.00 US$ round trip tax included.

Actually more than the 90% of the flights are on time and not record of cancelling flights only when we had a bad storm that all flights were cancelled in SDQ.

I definitly recomend PAWA. Travelocity, Kayak and Skyscanner you can find the cheapest tickets.

At least you will not die on an empty stomach!!!!!

Ccccccccc

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Total destinations to the end of 2016

image.png

Red dots are future destinations (notice they plan to have a mini-hub at Santiago too)

image.png

According to the rumor mill, Pawa also has in plans to connect with various European airports too.

The airline seems to be having healthy growth, according to the data presented in this video.

[video=youtube;eMEd1QYIwLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMEd1QYIwLM[/video]

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Is PAWA using DC-9's or MD-80's? Newer versions of the DC-9. Manufactured as late as 1999. Often confused with each other. Almost identical. The MD-80 is a stretched version of the DC-9.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Is PAWA using DC-9's or MD-80's? Newer versions of the DC-9. Manufactured as late as 1999. Often confused with each other. Almost identical. The MD-80 is a stretched version of the DC-9.

They discard 1 of the 2 DC9 that they have, next year will discard the one left. They will only have MD-80's and also next year will start receiving CRJ-200 for 50 pax.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
They discard 1 of the 2 DC9 that they have, next year will discard the one left. They will only have MD-80's and also next year will start receiving CRJ-200 for 50 pax.

The CRJ's are used by Air Canada on short haul routes. I've flown in them. Much smaller than the DC-9's and MD-80's. Smaller seats in a two per side configuration. Can't put much in the overhead bins. Other than that, they have a good record so far. One crashed in Atlantic Canada last year during a storm. Pilot approach error. Air Canada described it as a rough landing. The aircraft was in pieces. Everyone walked away.