Trustworthy buyers real estate agent for very nice house in p/c

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
First came to DR a long time ago as Peace Corps Volunteer

Have looked in Tortuga Bay area but I just don't feel confident in what i am being told as I see the same house listed with several different prices

Can someone recommend and give me the contact to a person they feel confident in?

Thanks so much!!

dd

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013

Have looked in Tortuga Bay area but I just don't feel confident in what i am being told as I see the same house listed with several different prices

Can someone recommend and give me the contact to a person they feel confident in?

Thanks so much!!

dd

Crazy isn't it? That is the way R/E is handled here. Unlike in the USA where there is usually a listing agent and comparables based on neighborhoods and price per square foot, here in the DR several agents hang their sign each posting a different price. I have even seen some agents post the same property on their own webiste twice with two different prices. Hopefully someone on the site knows of a person to help you. FYI - you find a place you like and make an offer. Be prepared....many here get an offer at or near their asking price then second guess themselves and think your taking advantage of them. They then try and raise the price. Very frustrating. Always suggest renting until you know the area well enough to make a good deal. Anyhow, best of luck.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
that is why i fear a purchase in the DR

First time on Macao beach was for st paddys day in 1981

agree renting in the area is a safer and more conservative way to buy

inside PC resort, not so afraid of shady titles

just want to do a fair/honest deal which may be an oxymoron here or anyplace else when it comes to real estate transactions

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
For the rest of you, Javier is an interesting person.

Born in RD but traveled Europe with his diplomat father as a child and youth... Switzerland, Spain.

He says his French is better than his Spanish ! Having spoken it in his formative years.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Thanks so much!!

dd

How many years have you been kicking this real estate purchase idea about? :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mr Doran has been in the country for year, on and off.....Great family....

Hope he finds his place. I looked for months around the Monci?n Dam and lake and could not find anything for him...

HB

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mr Doran has been in the country for year, on and off.....Great family....

Hope he finds his place. I looked for months around the Monci?n Dam and lake and could not find anything for him...

HB

your forgot that David need's a vineyard in the Patio.
good wine is more important than a big pool, lol.

good luck to find the dream place

Mike

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Tuscany

First as much as I want to buy a house, unless I get my "boss" to agree, it will not happen

HB, whom I first met in 1979, knows that my sons and I wanted a place near Moncion which is filled with families that emmirated to my native Providence, but my wife and daughter responses were; Where's the beach!

At Casa de Campo, she was correct that the beach there is way too small.

At Tortuga Bay, she brings up the fact that we stay 2 weeks a year in the great hotel there right on the beach while the houses are farther away

Plus, due to Euro depreciation, I am buying farm land near my sisters farm in Tuscany where we also spend 2 weeks a year
www.corzanoepaterno.com which is a special place.

I guess I should have bought in Punta Rucia!

HB: Anne and I hope all is well. When I pay golf at Corales, I use the caddie Alfredo whose dad was caddie master at Santiago CC. Alfredo told me how good a golfer Marco was.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Fisherman

Mike

Anne and I will be at TBH January 9-16

Can you arrange a private sunset boat cruise for us? Maybe 2-3 guests more as well?

You can find me as I will be wearing my black Aguilas hat that HB bought for me years ago!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike

Anne and I will be at TBH January 9-16

Can you arrange a private sunset boat cruise for us? Maybe 2-3 guests more as well?

You can find me as I will be wearing my black Aguilas hat that HB bought for me years ago!

Aguilas on the East, let the Eagles fly, David.
contact me during christmas week, so we set a exact date on time,
as that Sunset Cruise is running every day during the whole season.
btw, it is the only real sunset cruise available in punta cana,
we leave the Marina when others are already on their way back in for that, lol.
Tortuga Bay, on which Villas you've been looking? i guess the one near the Marina entrance, which is over the street behind the large Oceanfront Villas aside the Marina Slip?
Anne is correct, if you want a beach, then at Tortuga Bay you have to buy Ocean Front, they have each their own private Beach, hence not much access for the Villas behind/in the 2nd row.
as far as the Ocean Front goes, i would not know any for sale at the moment, they are "hunted" by many once any comes up for sale, and they are perfectly beautiful of course.

Mike

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
thanks mike

got it

will contact you around christmas

a house in tortuga bay area would be nice, oceanfront is too much $ for me

hope all is well

dd

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Good to see you back dd. What about Hacienda? It's not beachfront but it's a short golf cart ride or walk/cycle from the beach.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Hi chirimoya!

please check your calendar and see if you and your husband can join anne and me for dinner the week that we are in PC

instead of buying a place, we can take lucas's room once he goes off to college

we will be good tenants!

the apartments are ok but appeared barely lived in when we were there this past January

dd

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, look forward to seeing you! I'll PM you with phone number and we can discuss all those ideas :)