Pricesmart - Food Concession Closed - Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Was there today,Thursday, October 1st, 2015 and the food concession is all boarded up. I was told it will be closed for 2-3 weeks.

They do have open a small temporary area to buy Helado. Be aware that you will pay at the Tire Center and you MUST show a valid membership card when paying.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I almost had a heart attack, thank goodness it is only closed for a few weeks :)

I went there for Ice Cream, and told the guy I was disappointed, that's when he pointed to the area of the "Tire Center" and told me "Helado".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have had the pizza----meah? I am not an expert by any means....it dulls the hunger pains....

That place is quite popular with the college kids from PUCMM...a lot of them eat there..as well as admin personnel...families go there on Sundays..

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It really does tell you all you need to know about the pizza here when a 3 to 4 out of 10 pizza is considered the best by anyone. And it is far better than the vast majority of pizza in the DR.

you also have to take into account the fact that most of the stuff sold in the DR is not pizza at all.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
All I have there is the ice cream and fountain pop :). I was just playin'

I like their ice cream too but you should had tried the frozen cappuccino. It's the only thing that is worth buying when there's no waiting. I had told my wife I will never stand online and wait so sometimes my wife gets me one, meanwhile I cool down the car and have the boy put the stuff in the car.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Update: Sunday - October 4th, 2015

They now have in a food warmer case, "Boxes" of pizza and "Boxes" of chicken. They are making it somewhere else in the store and then putting it in the food warmer case. There is a guy standing there with a walkie-talkie, looks like he tells them when the supply of boxes get low. While I was there they brought out a large supply of pre-cooked pizza and boxes of chicken. There goes the option of getting fresh out of the oven.

NO SLICES of pizza sold separately.

You can only buy a whole pizza and/or a box of chicken.

oops, one post and my Internet is going back down...........

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Must be something wrong with me, but in the 10 years i lived in the country I have not found any food I would describe as excellent. Sometimes just ok (KGB). But way too expensive compared with US or Europa.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Must be something wrong with me, but in the 10 years i lived in the country I have not found any food I would describe as excellent. Sometimes just ok (KGB). But way too expensive compared with US or Europa.

There is nothing wrong with you. That is just exactly the way it is here. There are some good chicken and pork dishes, but I agree that there is always something missing on the island that spice forgot.