spaniard arrested for a street fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
looks like a bit of a fist fight between a gringo and a dominicano. dominican guy was also arrested. no details regarding the reason:
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=20012

feevbd.gif

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
you here, you white, you a gringo in the eyes of Dominicans. Come to think of it. You are black, wearing Nikes, Yankee baseball hat, sporting bling and speak English, no Spanish, you a gringo. Fighting with a Dom on the street is pure insanity. In the DR its not the Marquess of Queensberry rules. You will get stabbed. Most street tigres have a kniife and know stab and run technique. You do not want your cadaver picture on a news brief posted by anyone.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
you here, you white, you a gringo in the eyes of Dominicans. Come to think of it. You are black, wearing Nikes, Yankee baseball hat, sporting bling and speak English, no Spanish, you a gringo. Fighting with a Dom on the street is pure insanity. In the DR its not the Marquess of Queensberry rules. You will get stabbed. Most street tigres have a kniife and know stab and run technique. You do not want your cadaver picture on a news brief posted by anyone.

i am still trying to figure out what would motivate a guy to get into a street fight with another guy in a foreign country. heck, the danger is great enough in your own country. the odds are against you that it will end well. in a country like the DR, with a sige mentality, you will be dead meat, because you will get gang attacked.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
I hear ya.
Maybe he was drunk.
Or maybe he just SNAPPED. Like maybe he walked into a new colmado and they charged him 100 pesos for a bottle of water, or maybe he just got back from the BANK or tried to clarify something on his Claro bill, or maybe they didn't give him his change in the guagua… or maybe he woke up and there was no water AND no luz AND no internet.
OK, TBH that is more MY life than just random stuff, but honestly not a day goes by that I don't want to stab myself in the face or go on a shooting rampage.
I'm a woman so I don't think I have enough testosterone to actually DO anything but have a drink of rum and silently plot my revenge.
Very unhealthy.
Counting down the days to a life where things make sense and there are price tags EVERYWHERE.

Apr 7, 2014
I hear ya.
Maybe he was drunk.
Or maybe he just SNAPPED. Like maybe he walked into a new colmado and they charged him 100 pesos for a bottle of water, or maybe he just got back from the BANK or tried to clarify something on his Claro bill, or maybe they didn't give him his change in the guagua? or maybe he woke up and there was no water AND no luz AND no internet.
OK, TBH that is more MY life than just random stuff, but honestly not a day goes by that I don't want to stab myself in the face or go on a shooting rampage.
I'm a woman so I don't think I have enough testosterone to actually DO anything but have a drink of rum and silently plot my revenge.
Very unhealthy.
Counting down the days to a life where things make sense and there are price tags EVERYWHERE.
I take a moto from Caribe Tours on Friday to Playa Dorada. Guy said 150 pesos. I judge the distance and say OK. I come back yesterday on a moto from Playa Dorado to Caribe Tours. I said "how much?" Guy mumbled some **** that sounded like 10 pesos. I ask him 3 times because I dont understand his mumbles. Then he makes the "whatever you want to pay" gesture so I give him 150 pesos.

I put $10US on my Claro phone and it lasts a week and a half. I put another $10 Sunday morning at 8am and it last 5 hours????

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Donk kong
there have been complaints recently about CLARO 'irregularities'..... minutes disappearing quickly.

you should look into it....

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
I take a moto from Caribe Tours on Friday to Playa Dorada. Guy said 150 pesos. I judge the distance and say OK. I come back yesterday on a moto from Playa Dorado to Caribe Tours. I said "how much?" Guy mumbled some **** that sounded like 10 pesos. I ask him 3 times because I dont understand his mumbles. Then he makes the "whatever you want to pay" gesture so I give him 150 pesos.

I put $10US on my Claro phone and it lasts a week and a half. I put another $10 Sunday morning at 8am and it last 5 hours????

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

OK, so usually I keep this to myself, but I will share my "survival secrets" with you.

First one:

Pretend you are on a pirate ship (you basically are). As people lie to your face and grossly overcharge you and pass off inferior goods to you, like when Caribe Tours cafeteria in SD sold me an OPENED pack of ciggies with one gone :-/ (they got me on that one the b@$tards), just imagine it all happening on a pirate ship. Imagine all the Dominicans with peg legs, gold teeth, rakish headscarves, etc. You have a lot of "booty" and the scoundrels, being pirates, have to get it from you!!! Imagine that everything they say is followed by "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh" and "ahoy matey". Your goal is simply to not have to walk the plank and you do whatever is necessary. THAT is the mentality here and THAT is what you are dealing with.

Second one: understanding that the average IQ here is 82-84 (classified as dull, borderline mentally retarded), imagine that you are living in a society created by and for the mentally challenged. Cuz you are.

Third one: pretend you are an extra in the blockbuster film that spawned so many sequels: The Planet of the Apes.

Numbers 2 and 3 worked for me pretty well, especially Number 2 but I got bored with it and now Number 1 has been lighting up my days.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Donk kong
there have been complaints recently about CLARO 'irregularities'..... minutes disappearing quickly.

you should look into it....

Not only minutes, but data usage on prepaid plans. I lost 3/4 of my monthly data plan in the first 10 days of usage. Claro finially agreed after spending hours at their head office in POP that something went wrong with their system.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
I have a friend with the same issue with Orange. She finally went and changed her number after two trips to Orange and the fix only lasting a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.