Santiago Lady Expats

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hello ladies,

I know that we tried this before several years ago and then it just didn't pick up steam but I would like to try again to see if we could meet once a month just to hang out, maybe an early dinner somewhere, children included so that more ladies can come.
What do you ladies think? Who would come? We could agree on a date and time each month and just meet up to talk, eat, and chismear. It's very refreshing to just be able to speak English sometimes. My children have been here so long that they don't even speak to each other or to me in English unless I tell them LOL (and sometimes I have to because they speak so fast in Spanish I don't understand what they are saying, LOL)
But I digress....anyone interested?
If not I guess it'll just be Melanie (LaTeacher) and I, and God knows I already know everything about her!

SHALENA

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello ladies,

I know that we tried this before several years ago and then it just didn't pick up steam but I would like to try again to see if we could meet once a month just to hang out, maybe an early dinner somewhere, children included so that more ladies can come.
What do you ladies think? Who would come? We could agree on a date and time each month and just meet up to talk, eat, and chismear. It's very refreshing to just be able to speak English sometimes. My children have been here so long that they don't even speak to each other or to me in English unless I tell them LOL (and sometimes I have to because they speak so fast in Spanish I don't understand what they are saying, LOL)
But I digress....anyone interested?
If not I guess it'll just be Melanie (LaTeacher) and I, and God knows I already know everything about her!

SHALENA

maybe you should just stick with her. you don?t need to meet a bunch of other folks who might slip out the back door when the bill is being tabulated.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Why do I get the feeling there will be "Moderator" work in my foreseeable future?

Good luck Shalena, give my regards to Melanie.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You guys! LMAO
Guess there are no interested lady expats LOL, well, I tried.

SHALENA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe you should have offered an option of "no kids but we'll have a bunch of male strippers"? :cheeky:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is there no expat ladies club there already, similar to the International Women's Club in Santo Domingo?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Alter Ego, there are a few little pockets of expats in Santiago. There was an International Woman's Club here, but with the slow, but steady, decline of the Free Zone, those ladies mostly have packed up. Another are the mean-girl missionaries who are pretty particular about who they hang out with (note: its not even about jesus). I like hanging out with Shalena, but like she said, we probably already know everything about each other.

Hey Don!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Alter Ego, there are a few little pockets of expats in Santiago. There was an International Woman's Club here, but with the slow, but steady, decline of the Free Zone, those ladies mostly have packed up. Another are the mean-girl missionaries who are pretty particular about who they hang out with (note: its not even about jesus). I like hanging out with Shalena, but like she said, we probably already know everything about each other.

Hey Don!

Mean-girl missionaries.....wow. How un-Christian of them.