Poll shows Dominicans are satisfied with their lives

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Despite all the problems and challenges, Dominicans are ranked first in the ?satisfaction for life? category of the Latinobarometro 2015 poll results released in September 2015. The high rank is same as that of 2013.
88% of Dominicans said they were pleased with their life. The question answered was:
?Would you say you are satisfied with your life? Would you say you are very satisfied, sufficiently satisfied, nothing satisfied??
The regional average is 77%. The ratings for the other Latin American countries are:
Panama and Costa Rica (86), Colombia (85), Uruguay (83), Nicaragua and Argentina (80), Paraguay (79), Ecuador, Venezuela and Brazil (77), Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador (76), Honduras (70), Chile (69), Bolivia (63) and Peru (59).
Latinobarometro is an annual public opinion survey that involves some 20,000 interviews in 18 Latin American countries, representing more than 600 million inhabitants.
The data is collected by Latinobarometro Corporation, an NGO based in Santiago, Chile.
http://www.latinobarometro.org/latNewsShow.jsp

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
That is a wonderful post and is closely in line with my direct experience with the warmth of the Dominican culture for the last 25 years. The exuberance and overwhelming joy of the people is a terrific societal model. My wife's family has consistently shown me and my family love from day one. It is a pleasure to spend time in a community with their priorities in proper order. Thank you for posting this Dolores!