Need help on Pool Pump Wireing

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Or perhaps and electrician. I replaced a bad pool pump. The new pump cuts off after 30 seconds. It too is rated at 220.
I didn't do the work but a friend of mine did. It never runs past 30 seconds and is very hot when it cuts off, THERMOL?
Any way my friend looked at it again and suggested it was only running on 110 and not 220. He connected a transformer
converting 110 to 220 and it worked fine. I'm confused, I replaced a 230V pump with a 230v pump and only now have 110. mmmmmm
Any one know of an electrician in POP that can work on this kinda stuff? thanks.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Or perhaps and electrician. I replaced a bad pool pump. The new pump cuts off after 30 seconds. It too is rated at 220.
I didn't do the work but a friend of mine did. It never runs past 30 seconds and is very hot when it cuts off, THERMOL?
Any way my friend looked at it again and suggested it was only running on 110 and not 220. He connected a transformer
converting 110 to 220 and it worked fine. I'm confused, I replaced a 230V pump with a 230v pump and only now have 110. mmmmmm
Any one know of an electrician in POP that can work on this kinda stuff? thanks.

A single phase pump usually can run either 220 or 115. There should be a diagram to wire the motor for either or on the side of the motor data plate. Pumps like this come wired from the factory 220. The guy before you obviously changed it over to 115. Just follow the diagram for connecting to low voltage.