Casa de Conductor - New location in Santiago

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
For those that have the "Casa de Conductor" coverage in your auto insurance policy, just to let you know that they have a new location in Santiago that is used by most of the insurance carriers.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...3977,337m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

I went there this morning to help a Canadian neighbor who had a fender-bender and cannot speak Spanish. I went to the old location but found out that his insurance (Maphre) is using the new location. We were in and out of there in about 45 minutes and everybody was very nice and efficient as usual but Spanish is a must. Thank goodness my neighbor's insurance broker had the foresight to include the coverage on his policy.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If only they would think to offer this service in other locations. Like on the North Coast, for example.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Apparently there is another "brand" of casa de conductor and this thread reminded me of it.

I switched insurance companies and my agent said "casa de conductor" is a company, but there is another copycat company that many insurance agents use in Santiago. Apparently it functions the same way with its own traffic court inside the building.