mariage in Dominican

Jo Jo Caro

Aug 11, 2013
I been with the same girl for 2 years in the Dominican Republic now we are getting married what do I need from the US and how do I go about getting married ?

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Congratulations to you both!!! You will need your birth certificate and passport. Check with the U.S. Embassy for anything else. I married my Dominican wife over 25 years ago, so my info will be dated. Enjoy every second of your new wonderful venture!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
congratulations to you.
after 2 years living with the girly, i would guess you know what ya doing.
i am not up to date with requiements for paperwork,
but basics are Passport, Birth Certificate and the certificate which states that you are a real single/not married to anybody else elsewhere(don't know how that paper is named in english, sorry).
the stuff has to be translated to spanish.
jump on the website(i think it was the JCE site which shows the requirements for a foreigner getting married in DR) to get the up to date info.
you can also pick up a paper with the requirements in written words at your next JCE office.
Gorgon,
da popcorn is for a while afterwards.
first lets get that paperwork done, lol.

Mike

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The thingy you get that states you are single you get from the secretary of state from your home state.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A prenup in both countries if you have any assets.
Anything of value might be better off in an SA or LLC.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
congratulations to you.
after 2 years living with the girly, i would guess you know what ya doing.
Mike

He never said that, he said 'I've been with the same girl for 2 years'.

Which ever it is I wish you the best of luck in your new marriage.

A little further slightly side tracking I suppose, but would 2 years seem like an average dating period before marriage in the USA?
My observations of Americans in the DR is they get married really quickly compared to us Brits. Is this the case, nothing wrong with it, just wondering if it is a cultural difference, or if it is the DR that makes people 'fall head over heals' so much faster.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I been with the same girl for 2 years in the Dominican Republic now we are getting married what do I need from the US and how do I go about getting married ?
Go to your nearest consulate with your birth certificate. It must have a raised seal on it. They will help you fill out the Declaration of Single status. They will then send these documents out to be translated and appostiled. If you are divorced you will also need a copy of your divorce decree.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
They will then send these documents out to be translated and appostiled. If you are divorced you will also need a copy of your divorce decree.

That makes a change, usually the applicant has to do all that stuff on other things.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
The Consulate in Boston did it all for me. I don't remember the cost, but it was worth not having to run around. I simply want back 10 days later to pick everything up.