Sivory Hotel & Caribe Tours question

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Hey guys, I have a coworker/friend who is staying in Sivory, Punta Cana. She wants to visit me for a day in Santiago. I assume the cheapest way for her to get here is via Caribe Tours. However, I know very little about the east coast. Where can she pick the Caribe Tours bus and how much would the cab charge her from Sivory to the Caribe Tours bus stop?

Also, this is an all inclusive resort, but she's confuse because in her own words "they keep writing things down on paper after we eat and having us sign." She's afraid that she's running a tab or something like that. I doubt that she is, but do you guys know why the staff at Sivory is doing this? I've been to many resorts and never had people making me sign after each meal.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Not sure about Caribe Tours but if she is on good terms with any of the hotel staff she can probably catch a ride on the employee bus to Higuey and go from there. A cab ride from there to Caribe in Veron should be about 50 to 60 USD. There is also a big bus station beside the police station in Bavaro. They have express buses running from there to STQ where she can transfer. The Sivory offered both a AI and pay as you go package in the past. She should look into that cause that place is pricey.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Not sure about Caribe Tours but if she is on good terms with any of the hotel staff she can probably catch a ride on the employee bus to Higuey and go from there. A cab ride from there to Caribe in Veron should be about 50 to 60 USD. There is also a big bus station beside the police station in Bavaro. They have express buses running from there to STQ where she can transfer. The Sivory offered both a AI and pay as you go package in the past. She should look into that cause that place is pricey.

Melphis, thank you so much for the info. I assume that a Cab ride to the Bavaro station would be way cheaper? Also, I will let her know to talk to some of the staff at the hotel and make sure she's on a AI package. Once again, thank you!

P.S Once she's in the Capital I might be able to pick her up, even though I despise driving there.

Jan 9, 2004
Hey guys, I have a coworker/friend who is staying in Sivory, Punta Cana. She wants to visit me for a day in Santiago. I assume the cheapest way for her to get here is via Caribe Tours. However, I know very little about the east coast. Where can she pick the Caribe Tours bus and how much would the cab charge her from Sivory to the Caribe Tours bus stop?

Also, this is an all inclusive resort, but she's confuse because in her own words "they keep writing things down on paper after we eat and having us sign." She's afraid that she's running a tab or something like that. I doubt that she is, but do you guys know why the staff at Sivory is doing this? I've been to many resorts and never had people making me sign after each meal.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Neither CaribeTours nor Metro serve the east with regular service. Her best bus option would be to get the Bavaro Express bus to SD and then a taxi to either CaribeTours or the Metro. Hopefully she is staying overnight in Santiago before returning....otherwise it's just not worth it (timewise).

As the poster above stated, Sivory offers both an AI and a European plan.....and it certainly sounds like she is on the European plan (pay for your own meals etc.). Best to clear that up before she receives a big surprise.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
cab ride to Bavaro Station, Express Bus to Santo Domingo(depart 4 times per day), in Santo Domingo Cabby to the Caribe Tours Station, form there the Caribe Tours Bus to Santiago.
as she is in Uvero Alto, she may be able to grab a a Bus to Higuey, from Higuey a Express Bus(they depart every 20 minutes) to Santo Domingo, there a cabby to Caribe Tours Station, then Caribe Tours Bus to Santiago.
i am not familiar with the public bus route Uvero Alto(where the hotel is located) to Higuey.
but going directly to Higuey and take the Express Bus there, would be the easier way. and the Higuey-Santo Domingo Busses depart almost all around the clock every 20 minutes, while the Express Bus in Bavaro departs only 4 times per day and you should purchase your ticket prior to departure, as they fill up quickly/ahead of time.

Mike