Non call center jobs!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I need someone to walk next to with a sign saying "NO I DON'T NEED A DAMN RIDE, I AM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF WALKING TWO BLOCKS". In Spanish, of course.

I pay in Presidente and companionship.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
What kind of exterminator are you?

There are a couple people I wouldn't mind never seeing again, if ya know what I mean. If the price is right.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
What kind of exterminator are you?

There are a couple people I wouldn't mind never seeing again, if ya know what I mean. If the price is right.

U confused , I thin thats a "Cleaner"..
but just in case , please put me on the list as well..
I got one or two that gotta go so i can enjoy my vacations more thoroughly.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
U confused , I thin thats a "Cleaner"..
but just in case , please put me on the list as well..
I got one or two that gotta go so i can enjoy my vacations more thoroughly.

Whoa whoa whoa... Ya gotta be careful with throwing around 'put me on the list' there. Which list you talking about? The cleaner or the cleanee?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Unless you are assigned to the DR for the sakes of your job from abroad then there are no jobs out there for gringos to walk into, anywhere, never mind the touristy areas of the Island. No doubt there are some, but I have never come across anyone ever who has found a living wage job from the ads in DR. And being as the thread is so vague 'any jobs, not call centre' I am guessing you do not have a strong education or a trade or specific profession, and so call centre is the cream for people like this the world over, not just the DR.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
If 7000 to 10,000 pesos is all someone can expect to earn, how difficult would it be to give English lessons to a group? They could each pay a pittance and it may easily surpass the 7000 mark.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If 7000 to 10,000 pesos is all someone can expect to earn, how difficult would it be to give English lessons to a group? They could each pay a pittance and it may easily surpass the 7000 mark.

I know this sounds like a great idea but in reality people often do not show up on time
or show up at all for the lessons. They will also want to ?pay later?which will end up causing you
more headaches than it is worth.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I know this sounds like a great idea but in reality people often do not show up on time
or show up at all for the lessons. They will also want to ?pay later?which will end up causing you

Yeah, we wrestle with this one. Thanks for your insight.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Not to mention that just because you SPEAK a language doesn't mean you can TEACH that language.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know a few good hearted folks on the north coast who tried teaching small groups of people english. They are no longer trying.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
So frustrating because it is a ticket to a better life. The job opportunities open up exponentially with the ability to speak English.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
I know a few good hearted folks on the north coast who tried teaching small groups of people english. They are no longer trying.

I offered to help my maid's adult daughter with her English. For free. Since she wants to be a bartender at a resort. But she never showed up for the lessons.
The only time I saw any enthusiasm from her was when I bought her a used purse at la pulga. Then I stopped having her clean because she was incredibly bad at it, and lazy.
And now she just WhatsApp's me asking for money because she is "necesitada". :-/