Flight ambience coming in and out of DR

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
I flew into Santo Domingo from Miami week before last and got back to Mexico yesterday. The flight from Miami was all fun. We were in 1st Class and everybody was laughing, drinking and getting to know each other. Nothing mattered. I made friends on board and was constantly talking. I knew who was who and where he went, what plans he had to have fun etc etc etc. Not to mention I was a bit tipsy myself when I got off the plane

Yesterday, the flight was completely different. Sad, hung over, un-receptive faces. Hardly anybody drank, few people were talking and I did not even get to know the guy besides me.

This made we wonder. What the hell happened? Where did the fun part go all of a sudden.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I frequently fly first class on that route. Since the attack on 9/11, nobody is allowed to "hang out" standing, especially in first class which is nearest the pilot's door.

Most people who fly first class keep to themselves. It is not their first time in an airplane and they are not there to socialize. You must have just had an odd flight. First class on that route is usually filled with wealthy Dominicans. The men wear the standard blue blazer with khakis and tend to be over 50. The women tend to be their mothers.

As a general rule, I never say a word to the person next to me on any flight on that route. In coach, it is the first time fliers and the lower class Dominicans that stand around like they are in a cheap bar, even after having been told several times to take their seats and fasten their seat belts. Some of these dopes seem to think they have something in common with the person next to them that makes them want to tell their life story, exchange phone numbers, and extend invitations because "we are both on an airpline, and flying to the same place! What a coincidence!"

It is annoying to have to listen to people that refuse to shut up, all flight long, second only to a crying baby. Smart people use the time to catch up on sleep, work, or relax with a book or movie.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Also

on the way to a festive place(ie;vacation)your more apt to be in a joyful mood, and when on the way home your always feeling the weeks worth of drinking,partying ect,ect,so your not as talkative!

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
What a Day to Quit Drinking

Do you have any idea how hungover I was last time I came back here? Geez, all of my posts today are directly or indirectly connected with the movie "Airplane".