reliable gynecologist

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
hi, my girl goes to a gynecologist at Clinica Gregorio Hernandez in Puerto Plata. But it seems to me its more like a business over there than a health center... Looks like they want you to remain sick to keep getting money, if you understand what I mean. So anyone could recommand a good, honest, reliable gynecologist?
:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've lived here 9 years and would not go to a local hospital unless i could not be safely taken to santiago. so, no.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
So nothing good around puerto plata?

We live here since 2011 (well, my wife a bit longer...), and I repeat what dv8 said above.

My wife?s family has had two painful accidents with doctors (gynecologists) here, as a result my wife?s sister was operated twice in Santiago, and now things are looking better.

My son has been attended by two pediatrics in POP (one which I have even recommended on these forums, who is good and professional but there are better), never again, unless absolute emergency. We took him only once to Santiago, and ever since then he?s flu-free.

We have also caught one gynecologist from lying straight to the face (not with us thankfully, but I lost confidence completely), despite the fact that this particular doctor is more than busy with patients, who basically do whatever the doctor tells them to do without thinking that much. Thankfully my wife has now a good and reliable doctor in HOMS.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
He was recommended by several people to me, and I was very content:
in Bournigal-Clinic Puerto Plata

Dr. Enrique Mancebo
Gineco-Obstetra

http://www.centromedicobournigal.com/doctors/38

He is working with several insurances.

(If I need to post personal information to post this, mods, please remove this post)

My wife went to exactly this doctor for a while a few years ago, and whilst he is ok, I?d advice to be careful with him and his suggestions as to proceedings and treatment in general, as a few rather negative things also took place. With us and with a few other people.

He has a lot of patients, and mostly everything went well, but we won?t be using him again.

He?s well known, and generally people trust him, that?s true.

I know there?s was a difference, as my wife uses the same doctor in Santiago for three years now, and with zero issues.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I've been to the gyno at Bournigal, and I am not a fan. The one at CMC in Sosua is better, in my mind, but still not exceptional. I miss my US gynos tremendously!

T'anks G*d I am not having major ob/gyn issues at present, but I would like to have a reliable maintenance provider, like for Paps, and mammos, etc. Seems as if I may have to do the trip to HOMS on Metro.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I will probably continue to do what I have been doing, which is to make an appointment with Doctors Ferrucci in Stamford, CT when I know I will be in the US.

T'anks G*d I am no longer in the child-bearing years. But life past 60 has its own gynecological issues, and I would purely love to have a reliable maintenance gyno. I know that HOMS is the hospital of record in this country, but having been there with my former maid for her knee surgery, the whole complex is terrifying to me. My Spanish is functional day-to-day, but I don't feel comfortable doing medical issues in Spanish. So I either A.) best choice: improve my Spanish; or B.) bring a friend. Unfortch, my friends with the best Spanish are both gay guys (one American, one Dominican) and I sort of don't fancy discussing my nunny with either of them as translators.

DukeMark

Oct 31, 2015
Dr. Franklin Medina at the Clinica Gregorio Hernandez in Puerto Plata is phenomenal. His services as a gynecologist and obstetrician are of the highest quality.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Even at HOMS you have to be careful which doctor you see. I have heard of good and bad experiences there.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I will probably continue to do what I have been doing, which is to make an appointment with Doctors Ferrucci in Stamford, CT when I know I will be in the US.

T'anks G*d I am no longer in the child-bearing years. But life past 60 has its own gynecological issues, and I would purely love to have a reliable maintenance gyno. I know that HOMS is the hospital of record in this country, but having been there with my former maid for her knee surgery, the whole complex is terrifying to me. My Spanish is functional day-to-day, but I don't feel comfortable doing medical issues in Spanish. So I either A.) best choice: improve my Spanish; or B.) bring a friend. Unfortch, my friends with the best Spanish are both gay guys (one American, one Dominican) and I sort of don't fancy discussing my nunny with either of them as translators.

Smart move. I have always said; if its chronic (check ups, procedures you can schedule go to the States) if its acute (broken bones trauma related, go to Santiago)