Okie on Board

OK Roper

Nov 1, 2015
Greetings all!

I've been lurking for months and finally decided to jump in the pool.

My GF and I retired in February and the following day moved to Sosua together from Tulsa without ever having been to the DR previously, but, with lots of research and therefore "eyes wide open" about what we would find in Sosua. Nine months later, so far so good- we love it here and will stay till at least next Spring (not sure we want to go through another Dominican summer though).

OK Roper

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Welcome OK Roper!!! Congratulations on your retirement!! I'm glad you are enjoying it, especially with the leap you took. We love it, but I'll admit our summers are spent in New England. Now that you've jumped in the "pool", I look forward to your posts and updates from your life in Sosua.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Greetings all!

I've been lurking for months and finally decided to jump in the pool.

My GF and I retired in February and the following day moved to Sosua together from Tulsa without ever having been to the DR previously, but, with lots of research and therefore "eyes wide open" about what we would find in Sosua. Nine months later, so far so good- we love it here and will stay till at least next Spring (not sure we want to go through another Dominican summer though).

OK Roper

Come on! It can't be any worse than an Oklahoma summer. I've never heard of it going over 100 in Sosua. Welcome to DR1. I'm in Norman right now.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Move to Sosewer, sight unseen, and still here to tell about it? Nads of steel, for sure.
Welcome.